Power Supply Deals

Rajahal

Saw this on sale, thinking of getting new case and some more HDs. Right now have a 430w non modular. And only 1 Data, Parity and cache. What more could I get out of the 430w? Is it ok to go with this and not need all power of it yet?

Depends on the make and model of the PSU.

Mines the corsair 430cx

Saw this on sale, thinking of getting new case and some more HDs. Right now have a 430w non modular. And only 1 Data, Parity and cache. What more could I get out of the 430w? Is it ok to go with this and not need all power of it yet?

Depends on the make and model of the PSU.

Mines the corsair 430cx

You should be able to run at least 12 green drives. I had 13 WD Green drives on mine before I upgraded to a Corsair 500CX.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Newegg shell shocker deal $69.99 plus an additional $20 rebate plus free shipping.  Today 8-9-13 only.

SeaSonic M12II 750 SS-750AM 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Semi-modular Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready

I am not sure if this is a single 12vdc rail or not. 

http://www.newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx?cm_sp=ShellShocker-_-17-151-107-_-08092013_2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Newegg Mystery Deal 24 hours only

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=17-139-051&nm_mc=EMC-GD012214&cm_mmc=EMC-GD012214-_-index-_-Item-_-17-139-051

CORSAIR CXM series CX750M 750W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready + $10 off w/ promo code EMCYTZT5494, ends 1/22

$59.99

With Promo Code: EMCYTZT5494

After $20 MIR with Free Shipping!

Just remember ... the CX series is Corsair's "bargain basement low-end" power supply.  If it works for your system, it's okay ... but I've seen several systems that aren't stable with a CX that work fine with their TX and HX series.    I simply don't use the CX series units -- if I'm buying Corsair I only get HX or TX series units.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They're really cheap for a reason.

True.  They DO work; but I've seen many systems that had issues with them, but work perfectly with any of the higher-end Corsair units or other good PSUs.    Cheapest is not what you want when you want a rock-solid reliable system.

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...