Better Alternative to Windows Explorer for Large File Transfers?

Basically the Subject says it all. I am trying to find a better program than Windows Explorer for large(1GB+) file transfers. I have found that Win Explorer to be less than reliable and when I queue up a big transfer I don't want to babysit it. I downloaded xplorer2, but I haven't got a chance to test it yet. Any other suggestions or two bits?

Basically the Subject says it all. I am trying to find a better program than Windows Explorer for large(1GB+) file transfers. I have found that Win Explorer to be less than reliable and when I queue up a big transfer I don't want to babysit it. I downloaded xplorer2, but I haven't got a chance to test it yet. Any other suggestions or two bits?

I use Total Commander.

Regards

Harald

I too like Total Commander.  It has the ability to queue up a number of files, and then set a throttle on transfer speed.  I have often moved hundreds of gigabytes in the background, at a speed that did not affect my normal operations on an older slower computer.

Others like Robocopy.

If you don't mind paying...

Vice Versa Pro is what I use. Mainly because of its ability to automate, and its ease of use.

I backup many GB of photographs, and it will check both the source and destination to see which files have actually changed. So I don't spend all day backing up everything, when only 2% of the photos have been modified.

...btw at least with SP1, I definitely find that windows copy is more reliable in Vista than XP (never would believe this if I didn't see it)

Interesting, I have heard a few other positive comments of late that Vista has some redeeming qualities. When I have had to use it or adminstrate it I am hate, but I am getting ready to take the plunge and install Vista Ultimate as my HTPC.

I downloaded Total Commander and used to move about 150GB+ of files in the past few days, I must say that the abillity to 'pause' is invaluiable and I like the 'speed limit' function although I don't really use it.

I will check out Terra Copy and Vice Versa next. If I have time(Read. Probably not gonna happen) I will write a Comparison.

...btw at least with SP1, I definitely find that windows copy is more reliable in Vista than XP (never would believe this if I didn't see it)

Interesting, I have heard a few other positive comments of late that Vista has some redeeming qualities. When I have had to use it or adminstrate it I am hate, but I am getting ready to take the plunge and install Vista Ultimate as my HTPC.

Not to steal the thread but I just "upgraded" to Vista (if you search the web you can use the upgrade version as a full install).  MCE has some huge improvements and works great.  I did have a crash with cyberlink dvd but I'm pretty sure that was a cyberlink problem and not vista.  Once I reinstalled and waited to put cyberlink on last everything works great.