Directory Structure Recommendations

While I'm waiting on my WHS to move all of my data to individual disks, and then remove them, I've been reading as much as I can about unRaid. It seems that one of the most important considerations in the directory structure to use. Aside from the examples in the wiki, are there any recommendations on what my directory structure should look like? I plan to use my unRaid box to store all of my digital media including my photos (the most valuable data) and music, but most of my data consists of DVD and BluRays. I have a Dune Player and I use MyMovies to catalog everything. Can anyone recommend a directory structure or things I should consider?

Thanks in advance!

I would say that the directory structure for your media at least is probably best suited by how your media readers want them to be

at least for me I use XBMC.....so for my media I just have a movie directory with all of my movies in individual folders (doesn't have to be that way but it is easier for me to manage that way)...tv show directory with each show in it's own folder and inside of each contains a separate folder for each season...pictures directory....personal movies directory....music directory with a separate folder for each artist and inside of that a separate folder for each album

you can have hidden directories for some info you don't want actively visible on the network but you can get into

You can use the same structure, setting split level at 2(movies level). This will allow movies to be put on more than once drive, but everything in the movies folder will stay together.

I have mine setup like this:

HD Movies - Movie Title - Movie Title.mkv

Movies<

SD Movies - Movie Title - Movie Title.mkv

TV - Series - Season - Episode.avi

Photos - (from here my directories are split up quite a bit so not going to write it out)

.Backups(hidden)

Important Files <

Documents

Split levels:

Movies is 2

TV is 2

Photos is 1

Important Files is 1

There might be a better way to set this up, most likely is, but its how I have mine and works fine.