Few Newb Questions

I'm looking at using this for a backup solution...

We have a Windows network, how easy is it to set this thing up on it?  How often is it you have to tinker with it?  Is it something I can plug in, set up, and never mess with again?

Very easy to set up...with either a dynamic or static ip.  Once your running (use recommended hardware) you shouldn't have to touch it unless you have a power outage, add a disk, upgrade a disk, upgrade software.....  So yes once its plugged in you can basically forget about it.  I've had mine for 2 years now and probably have only messed with it on avg once a month...mostly for those items stated above.

I second the motion of easy of use! I am a total Linux Newb, having only installed Ubuntu on a laptop once before. If you use recommend hardware with documented bios settings you literally could have this up and running in 30mins or less. I choose to go take a chance on some almost undocumented Mobo which still would have worked if I had just looked at my I/O panel a little bit better, and I paid the price of 3 Hours of frustration.

Read the Wiki and the Manual and you should be set.

To sum up: if you can get into your bios and can use the internet you can setup unRaid!