New Norco 4224 Case Bad backplane?

dahays

So I have picked up a new Norco 4224 case and SUPERMICRO MBD-X9SCM-O MB along with a NORCO C-SFF8087-4S Discrete to SFF-8087 and 2 2tb wdears.  I have built the system and connected everything.  I am using 5.14b unraid.  When booting up the bios does not see the hard drives.  I have reset the bios to factory default.  I have tried moving drives to different backplane.  Only when I pull the drives and connect directly to the MB does the bios and unraid see them.  Any thoughts?

Syslog.txt

No HBA.  It goes from hard drive to backplane to breakout cable (8087) to sata ports on MB.

Is the cable the Norco breakout or you went with another brand?

I'm just having a tough time with every backplane being busted.

Make sure the drives are fully seated in the caddy. Push them back into the slot all the way. Make sure power is connected well too.

Just looked at syslog. According to that it sees 2 drives. If the bios doesn't see the drives unRaid won't either.

Like I said it's unlikely all the backplanes are bad. That doesn't mean it's not possible. Connect it all up and verify all the connections. Don't boot into unRaid. Work with MB bios only. Work with only one drive until you figure out what is keeping the bios from seeing the drives.

looking at the cable the prt # reads 79576-3005  and it should read 3002.  Looks like it may be a forward cable.  I have already ordered 2 new norco's from new egg and a AOC-SASLP-MV8 PCI to start adding more drives.  Again thanks for the help.  I did not think to look at the cable # until this.  Just assumed:)