Sorry about recent site outage...

limetech

• 3 weeks later...

hate to disagree but RSS would do the opposite. It would definately create more traffic although it would drop the load if a cahing engine was installed.

The real world reality of RSS is people set it and every 10 minutes it grabs the full data from that feed. Taking the human out of the browsing = more traffic.

I would love rss though dont get me wrong just not as a solution to traffic

hate to disagree but RSS would do the opposite. It would definately create more traffic although it would drop the load if a cahing engine was installed.

The real world reality of RSS is people set it and every 10 minutes it grabs the full data from that feed. Taking the human out of the browsing = more traffic.

I would love rss though dont get me wrong just not as a solution to traffic

I was thinking this too, a simple thread saying Update Available and I promise to visit a whole lot less  ;D

I seem to have alot of opinions  8) but my main opinion on this is...

Our webhosting account had a 25GB/month bandwidth limit, which we exceeded  :o

25GB/month bandwidth limit is mickey mouse stuff. My main project website does well over 1TB a month and thats excluding the big ISO mirroring.

Ive said it before and I will say it again... forget shared hosting splurge 40 Euro a month on a dedicated server from leaseweb with 2TB bandwidth limit.

Archived