Anyone have experience with either of these 7200 RPM drives?

Does anyone have any good or bad experience with these drives?  See both posts in this thread.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145473

I bought 3 of the older 7200 RPM 2 TB drives, and the first one just started going bad.  I'm in the market for a 2 or 3 drives, and these are on special for $129, which is about the same price you can get a green drive for these days.

The reviews look pretty good, but always good to get recent feedback when buying 2 or 3 at once.

I am using the hitach 7200 3TB right now. i cant comment on it since i have only had it a few weeks. no issues yet.

that 3000dm001  should be a pretty fast drive with it's 1TB platters. it should also pull less power to run then the previous 3TB seagate.

it is also to new on the market to tell its projected lifespan. If it is in your pricerange, you might give it a shot.

Actually now I am, considering just getting a couple 3TB drives.  One for a parity replacement.  This one is about the same cost per TB as the hitachi deal.

Does anyone know anything good or bad about this drive? 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148844

I've been using the Hitachi 7K3000 (3TB 7200rpm(HDS723030ALA640)), that I ripped from its' external enclosure ::), for the last 6 or 7 months as my Parity drive with no problems. :)

I don't have any experience with the Seagates...

The first drive is a 2TB drive.  It has a promo code at Newegg (EMCNFND45) for $129, that's $70 off.

The more I thought about it though, if I am buying. A couple drives, it's probably time to upgrade to v5 and get 3tb drives, so started looking at the seagate, $169 on amazon.

The hitachi 7200 rpm 3tb drive is $278 on amazon and not even available at newegg.

I am seeing some comments here that there is a glitch in the seagate that the hd light stays on constantly.

Archived