[SOLVED] Cant delete AFP share.

I recently created a share with AFP enable. I want to delete this share, but it seems the option is no longer available. It looks like the share somehow got a bunch of hidden files placed inside it even though i have never uploaded anything onto the share. The hidden files go by the name of .AppleDB, .AppleDesktop, etc. I have attempted deleting these files from both my PC and my Mac, but it says that I do not have permission on both systems. My goal is to just completely get rid of the share and all of its contents but I cant seem to figure it out. Thanks!

- Greg

This is an issue that will hopefully be fixed in version 5. UnRAID protects you by not allowing a share that contains data to be deleted. AFP shares contain hidden .Apple files used by the Mac finder and unRAID considers the share not to be empty although it actually is empty. The .Apple files can be removed on the command line and then the share can be deleted.

1. Disable SMB, AFP and NFS for the share.

2. Connect with Telnet or use an attached keyboard and monitor. Login as root.

3. Enter "rm /mnt/disk1/share name/.*" This command may need to be repeated for disk2, disk3, etc.

4. Delete the share using the web GUI.