"SimpleFeatures" - WebServer Plugin [SUPPORT]

I'm getting a 404 when I try to wget the .plg. Also when I try to go to the Google Code page. Is there anywhere else to download this plugin from?

download the zip from here: https://code.google.com/p/unraid-simplefeatures/downloads/list

it should include all simplefeatures plg files (including the webserver one)

Have the .plg installed and web server running but keep getting a 404 error when I try to access.  Not sure if I have everything setup completely. 

do you have any files inside your web dir? 404 is the default file not found error. if the webserver wasn't running, you would get a 102 error.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have the .plg installed and web server running but keep getting a 404 error when I try to access.  Not sure if I have everything setup completely. 

do you have any files inside your web dir? 404 is the default file not found error. if the webserver wasn't running, you would get a 102 error.

Nothing in that www directory which is why I posted.  I've tried re-installing but no luck. 

Nothing in that www directory which is why I posted.  I've tried re-installing but no luck.

It's working correctly.

Create a text file with some random text, name it "index.html"

Put it in the web dir, then it should show that text. webserver is looking for the index file and since nothing's there, it's showing 404.

The web server plugin doesnt have  a default index file

I set the function to Enabled, fill in the web root directory and the port number, and click Apply. The settings apply and everything looks good. But visiting in a browser results in nothing at all. And when I navigate away from the web server settings page - to /Main or /Settings or anywhere, really - and then come back, the server is disabled and the directory and port info I entered before are gone.

I'm running simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg. I realize this thread is for version 1.1, but I cannot seem to find that to download. (As I posted above, the link in the thread's first post is a dead link.) If an update to 1.1 would potentially solve this problem, could someone be so kind as to link me or send me a copy? :)

Hmmm....thats odd.  Once you have created the default directory on your box and then updated the web root directory to match everything should be good to go.  All you have to do then is create any old index.html in that directory and you should be able to pull it up.  I attached what my screen looks like with my current setup.

Screenshot_1.png.50a925a2fc0b7123216868b836806bee.png

Hmmm....thats odd.

I know, right!?  :o

I've tried putting an index.html file in the directory and trying to pull it up, just in case the settings are sticking even though the UI isn't reflecting such. Still, nothing. Do you know where I can download the newer version, 1.1?

Here's a video of the current behavior, in case my description isn't clear: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/392508/simpleFeaturesWEBsettings.mov

The pause after clicking "Apply" is me waiting for the favicon area in the page's tab to quit spinning, which I've been assuming indicates that the changes were saved. Dang.

There is no simpleFeatures.cfg in /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/, but there is a lighttpd.cfg.

The entire contents of lighttpd.cfg:

# User customizations

# Add your own settings here. These won't get overwritten upon reboot

#

I ran chmod -R 777 on the directory, with no noticeable effect.

I got the web server to enable and remain enabled.

I had an old simpleFeatures .tgz in /boot/extra. Removed that, and the server remains enabled now.

okay, so I too had an older version of the SF Webserver installed too. Ive copied over the latest version and installed it successfully. When i check my /boot/extra file i see 7 simple features tgz files, none that identify as the webserver one. did you delete all of them? or which one inparticular?

All of you should check for a lighttpd.cfg in /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/, if there is one present, rename it or move it and try again.

removed that file and rebooted and still the same. Perhaps i should mention that i had a different version of the SF webserver that was installed, enabled and working fine when i first installed influencer's newznab plugin. The plugin said i did not have the web server installed, so i figured it would upgrade my older version, it did not, just put a new web server icon in settings.