"SimpleFeatures" - iTunes Server Plugin [SUPPORT]

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try using a standard folder like /mnt/cache/iTunes_Server/songs3.db

Also, do you have an avahi plugin installed via unMenu by any chance?

Hi, I've tried both

/mnt/cache/.iTunes_Server/songs3.db

/mnt/cache/iTunes_Server/songs3.db

/mnt/user/media/

The service shows started but when I click on settings and come back into the iTunes server it shows stopped....  I search both pkg manger and the user scripts and can't find avahi mentioned anywhere.

Here are the updated logs :

Start: May 9, 2012 09:58:00 AM

SERVICE: enable

MUSICDIR: /mnt/user/media/music

NAME: %h Media

DATADIR: /mnt/user/media/iTunes_Server/songs3.db

LOGLEVEL: log

RUNAS: daapd

CMD: sed -i -e '/^loglevel/cloglevel = "log"' /boot/config/plugins/sf_itunesserver/forked-daapd.conf

Results:

CMD: sed -i -e '/^directories/cdirectories = { "/mnt/user/media/music" }' /boot/config/plugins/sf_itunesserver/forked-daapd.conf

Results:

CMD: sed -i -e '/^name/c ame = "%h Media"' /boot/config/plugins/sf_itunesserver/forked-daapd.conf

Results:

CMD: sed -i -e '/^db_path/cdb_path = "/mnt/user/media/iTunes_Server/songs3.db"' /boot/config/plugins/sf_itunesserver/forked-daapd.conf

Results:

Results:

CMD: mkdir -p /mnt/user/media/iTunes_Server

Results:

CMD: chmod -R 0777 "/mnt/user/media/iTunes_Server"

Results:

CMD: The directory /mnt/user/media/iTunes_Server was successfully created

CMD: sed -i -e '/^loglevel/cloglevel = "log"' /boot/config/plugins/sf_itunesserver/forked-daapd.conf

Results:

CMD: sed -i -e '/^directories/cdirectories = { "/mnt/user/media/music" }' /boot/config/plugins/sf_itunesserver/forked-daapd.conf

Results:

CMD: sed -i -e '/^name/c ame = "%h Media"' /boot/config/plugins/sf_itunesserver/forked-daapd.conf

Results:

CMD: sed -i -e '/^db_path/cdb_path = "/mnt/user/media/iTunes_Server/songs3.db"' /boot/config/plugins/sf_itunesserver/forked-daapd.conf

Results:

Results:

CMD: chmod -R 0777 "/mnt/user/media/iTunes_Server"

Results:

CMD: /etc/rc.d/rc.forked-daapd stop

Results: Stopping RSP and DAAP media server: Not running!

CMD: /etc/rc.d/rc.avahidaemon start

Results: Starting Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Daemon: /usr/sbin/avahi-daemon -D

CMD: /etc/rc.d/rc.forked-daapd start

Results: forked-daapd.

End: May 9, 2012 09:58:22 AM

Start: May 9, 2012 10:06:12 AM

DATADIR: /mnt/cache/.iTunes_Server/songs3.db

Results:

Results:

Results:

CMD: sed -i -e '/^db_path/cdb_path = "/mnt/cache/.iTunes_Server/songs3.db"' /boot/config/plugins/sf_itunesserver/forked-daapd.conf

Results:

Results:

CMD: chmod -R 0777 "/mnt/cache/.iTunes_Server"

Results:

Results:

Results:

Results:

CMD: sed -i -e '/^db_path/cdb_path = "/mnt/cache/.iTunes_Server/songs3.db"' /boot/config/plugins/sf_itunesserver/forked-daapd.conf

Results:

Results:

Results:

End: May 9, 2012 10:06:33 AM

Start: May 9, 2012 10:06:43 AM

SERVICE: disable

Results:

Results:

Results:

Results:

Results:

Results:

End: May 9, 2012 10:06:44 AM

Start: May 9, 2012 10:06:49 AM

Results:

Results:

Results:

Results:

Results:

Results:

Results:

Results:

Results:

Results:

Results:

Results:

End: May 9, 2012 10:07:11 AM

[2012-05-09 09:58:22] main: Forked Media Server Version 0.19 taking off

[2012-05-09 09:58:22] main: mDNS init

[2012-05-09 09:58:22] mdns: Avahi state change: Client connecting

[2012-05-09 09:58:22] db: Could not prepare statement: no such table: admin

[2012-05-09 09:58:22] db: Could not check database version, trying DB init

[2012-05-09 09:58:28] mdns: Failed to create service browser: Bad state

[2012-05-09 09:58:28] player: Could not add mDNS browser for AirTunes devices

[2012-05-09 09:58:28] main: Player thread failed to start

[2012-05-09 09:58:28] main: File scanner deinit

[2012-05-09 09:58:29] main: Database deinit

[2012-05-09 09:58:29] main: mDNS deinit

[2012-05-09 09:58:29] main: Exiting.

[2012-05-09 10:06:33] main: Forked Media Server Version 0.19 taking off

[2012-05-09 10:06:33] main: mDNS init

[2012-05-09 10:06:33] mdns: Avahi state change: Client connecting

[2012-05-09 10:06:34] mdns: Failed to create service browser: Bad state

[2012-05-09 10:06:34] player: Could not add mDNS browser for AirTunes devices

[2012-05-09 10:06:34] main: Player thread failed to start

[2012-05-09 10:06:34] main: File scanner deinit

[2012-05-09 10:06:34] main: Database deinit

[2012-05-09 10:06:34] main: mDNS deinit

[2012-05-09 10:06:34] main: Exiting.

[2012-05-09 10:07:11] main: Forked Media Server Version 0.19 taking off

[2012-05-09 10:07:11] main: mDNS init

[2012-05-09 10:07:11] mdns: Avahi state change: Client connecting

[2012-05-09 10:07:11] mdns: Failed to create service browser: Bad state

[2012-05-09 10:07:11] player: Could not add mDNS browser for AirTunes devices

[2012-05-09 10:07:11] main: Player thread failed to start

[2012-05-09 10:07:11] main: File scanner deinit

[2012-05-09 10:07:13] ffmpeg: Header missing

[2012-05-09 10:07:14] main: Database deinit

[2012-05-09 10:07:14] main: mDNS deinit

[2012-05-09 10:07:14] main: Exiting.

Hi speeding_ant,

I discovered a bug when the forked-daapd is parsing the metadata of the files: when some (at least for now what I saw was for the title) of the metadata is using non-english letters (like é), all metadata are not read correctly: for me it's the "of X" for track number and disc number and also (and that's most annoying) the genre. When I looked at the blog of the creator of forked-daapd, it seems that any problem with utf-8 was solved. Is it a compilation problem or something from the soft?

Hi speeding_ant,

I discovered a bug when the forked-daapd is parsing the metadata of the files: when some (at least for now what I saw was for the title) of the metadata is using non-english letters (like é), all metadata are not read correctly: for me it's the "of X" for track number and disc number and also (and that's most annoying) the genre. When I looked at the blog of the creator of forked-daapd, it seems that any problem with utf-8 was solved. Is it a compilation problem or something from the soft?

to partially answer my own question (and to ask for your help), it seems that this "unknown genre" problem is known and reported on the forked-daapd ticket system. It seems that the problem comes from the way ffmpeg read the atom genre in the mp4 file. it has been addressed and solved in ffmpeg 0.9 and later.

Would it be possible for you to propose the package compiling forked-daapd against the newest ffmpeg?

Hi!

Installed your plugin without any issue. Now I think someone should make a proper explanation on how this plugin can actually do. Most users will probably try to send music from Unraid to an AirPlay devices via their iPhone/iPad, personally I wasn't able to do this. Tower Media perfectly appears in iTunes and playback is flawless. I was able to access Unraid's music on my iPhone with Home Sharing disabled, now that I have enable Home Sharing I'm only seeing iTunes library, no more Tower Media. Tried via iPod's Share and Apple Remote.

What I'm expecting from an iTunes server is that it's accessible from any iDevices without iTunes open. Is this feasible right now with your plugin? How to proceed? Thanks a lot.

Ok I was able to pair Remote with the iTunes server, without iTunes. Here's how to do it :

Pairing with Remote on iPod/iPhone

----------------------------------

forked-daapd can be paired with Apple's Remote application for iPod/iPhone;

this is how the pairing process works:

- start forked-daapd

- start Remote, go to Choose Library, Add Library

- prepare a text file with a filename ending with .remote; the filename

doesn't matter, only the .remote ending does. This file must contain

two lines: the first line is the name of your iPod/iPhone, the second

is the 4-digit pairing code displayed by Remote.

If your iPod/iPhone is named "Foobar" and Remote gives you the pairing

code 5387, the file content will be:

Foobar

- move this file somewhere in your library

At this point, you should be done with the pairing process and Remote should

display the name of your forked-daapd library. You can delete the .remote file

once the pairing process is done.

Now two things to mention :

1) As output, you'll have the choice between Airplay compatible devices and %h, which is Tower. Tower is selected by default but will obviously not work. You have to select an Airplay device. Outputting to iPhone via Remote will not work that's clear.

2) Outputting to an Airplay device worked for me but only the first 5 seconds. Then playback stopped. I always got these errors:

[2012-05-17 17:00:00] dacp: Could not find requested property 'dacp.fullscreen'

[2012-05-17 17:00:00] dacp: Could not find requested property 'dacp.visualizerenabled'

[2012-05-17 17:00:00] dacp: Could not find requested property 'dacp.visualizer

I think the requested property should simply be disabled (not requested) in order to stream properly. Let's wait for speeding_ant for updates on this topic  :)

Well.... at least you got it to play for 5 seconds... I have done to the same cycle you have: able to use it as a remote itunes library (from itunes), able to use the remote to control it.. But I have not been able to get any sound over my airplay remote speakers.. According to the forked-daapd site it should be possible.. Thing is that is supposed to "just work" and it does not.. At least not with me.. I figured it was something on my side but if you are experiencing the same thing it might not be ..

I have asked before if someone has been able to get the plugin to stream to an airplay device succesfully, sofar no luck in finding someone..

Well.... at least you got it to play for 5 seconds... I have done to the same cycle you have: able to use it as a remote itunes library (from itunes), able to use the remote to control it.. But I have not been able to get any sound over my airplay remote speakers.. According to the forked-daapd site it should be possible.. Thing is that is supposed to "just work" and it does not.. At least not with me.. I figured it was something on my side but if you are experiencing the same thing it might not be ..

I have asked before if someone has been able to get the plugin to stream to an airplay device succesfully, sofar no luck in finding someone..

I'd be happy to try with my airport express which is hooked up my amp but i'm still unable to get iTunes server to run. I'm completely stumped as everyone else has got theirs running.

I have a user share with my music : /mnt/user/Music, Database Location: /mnt/user/Music/iTunes_Server/songs3.db

Is there anything else I need to be doing as I believe these are the only settings I need to change.

The status changes to Running after clicking on apply but when page is reloaded it says Stopped.

I'm at the end of my troubleshooting knowledge which is limited at best, please someone help me I really want this up and running.

Here is the forked-daapd log :

[2012-05-17 19:53:59] main: Forked Media Server Version 0.19 taking off

[2012-05-17 19:53:59] main: mDNS init

[2012-05-17 19:53:59] mdns: Avahi state change: Client connecting

[2012-05-17 19:53:59] db: Could not prepare statement: no such table: admin

[2012-05-17 19:53:59] db: Could not check database version, trying DB init

[2012-05-17 19:54:04] mdns: Failed to create service browser: Bad state

[2012-05-17 19:54:04] player: Could not add mDNS browser for AirTunes devices

[2012-05-17 19:54:04] main: Player thread failed to start

[2012-05-17 19:54:04] main: File scanner deinit

[2012-05-17 19:54:05] main: Database deinit

[2012-05-17 19:54:05] main: mDNS deinit

[2012-05-17 19:54:05] main: Exiting.

Everything installed properly on my side, no need to tweak anything. Just changed the path for the library. I notice a new user share was created automatically (iTunes_server) with the database file in it. A copy is also present on the cache drive.

A problem I'm experiencing is that I can't unmount properly my array now. Seems like iTunes server can't be stopped properly, thus locking drives...

Everything installed properly on my side, no need to tweak anything. Just changed the path for the library. I notice a new user share was created automatically (iTunes_server) with the database file in it. A copy is also present on the cache drive.

A problem I'm experiencing is that I can't unmount properly my array now. Seems like iTunes server can't be stopped properly, thus locking drives...

I have the same issue, if this happens log in to the server thru telnet and do a:

ps -elf | grep forked

That will show a process still running, give it a kill -9 <processid> and a few seconds later the array will be correctly down. Should this not happen then do the ps -elf again, in a few cases I have seen the process to respawn.

It seems like it just takes a while to close. If you leave it for 30 seconds the array will actually stop.

Not sure about that one.. I have left mine running for an hour before I started searching for still running processes..

i have same issue, DB on cache drive and left overnight and array still not down for a safe reboot, had to issue halt or press power button

Hi,

i hope you understand my bad english :(

First let me say i´m not on unraid 5 beacuse i´m waiting for the Final Version, but i hope it comes fast beacuse i want to use your itunes plugin. It´s something i´m waiting for.

My situation is the following and i want to prepared if i start with this plugin. I have one unraid server and two airplay adapter and i want to navigate with 2 android handy through my itunes library with itunes remote. Is this doable ?

- start forked-daapd

Foobar

what means somewhere in my library ? The same path i say in webgui for the db file or the path where my mp3 lie ?

Where could i set the airplay output ?

If there is no chance to control one Database with 2 Airplay Adapter and from 2 Handys, could i make 2 Database with the same content and control every database from one handy ?

Many questions and i hope anyone could give me some answers.

For me a a noob user a web gui to configure this all was perfect :)

Greets

Eisi

Hi,

i hope you understand my bad english :(

First let me say i´m not on unraid 5 beacuse i´m waiting for the Final Version, but i hope it comes fast beacuse i want to use your itunes plugin. It´s something i´m waiting for.

My situation is the following and i want to prepared if i start with this plugin. I have one unraid server and two airplay adapter and i want to navigate with 2 android handy through my itunes library with itunes remote. Is this doable ?

- start forked-daapd

Foobar

what means somewhere in my library ? The same path i say in webgui for the db file or the path where my mp3 lie ?

Where could i set the airplay output ?

If there is no chance to control one Database with 2 Airplay Adapter and from 2 Handys, could i make 2 Database with the same content and control every database from one handy ?

Many questions and i hope anyone could give me some answers.

For me a a noob user a web gui to configure this all was perfect :)

Greets

Eisi

Hi,

"somewhere in your library" basically means you put the file somewhere in the directory that contains your music files, I have put mine in the "iTunes" folder, that works.

You do not need to configure the airplay adapters, if they are active on the network the Remote application will recognize them and show them on the remote, no installation needed. Only if you have specifically protected them with a password you would need to do some configuration.

Basically it works out of the box (or it should, it does not for me but everything you are describing does: pairing the remote works, browsing your library works, choosing the airplay device works)

@Helmonder

Thanks for your fast answer. One Question again, at the moment i work with itunes on my windows pc. When i first time connect with my android handy to itunes, on my handy comes a pin with 4 numbers. OK this is the pairing code. In Itunes comes as device name "remote for itunes". Is this the name of my android handy, because the remote software is called remote for itunes and i could not change this name or what name i must enter there ? I have a bluetooth name in my handy but i don´t know where there is a other name.

Greets

Eisi

I hate to be a nag but I'm still unable to get iTunes server running :( I have tried everything suggested previously in the thread but I seem to be the only one not able to get this plugin active.

UnRaid is the only real time I have had to use command line and this is all new to me, if I was able to interpret the error I would troubleshoot, but this is beyond what I know.

This is my log with two attempts, one with the database option left as default and the other /mnt/user/Music

[2012-05-22 19:58:04] main: Forked Media Server Version 0.19 taking off

[2012-05-22 19:58:04] main: mDNS init

[2012-05-22 19:58:04] mdns: Avahi state change: Client connecting

[2012-05-22 19:58:05] mdns: Failed to create service browser: Bad state

[2012-05-22 19:58:05] player: Could not add mDNS browser for AirTunes devices

[2012-05-22 19:58:05] main: Player thread failed to start

[2012-05-22 19:58:05] main: File scanner deinit

[2012-05-22 19:58:06] main: Database deinit

[2012-05-22 19:58:06] main: mDNS deinit

[2012-05-22 19:58:06] main: Exiting.

[2012-05-22 20:00:37] main: Forked Media Server Version 0.19 taking off

[2012-05-22 20:00:37] main: mDNS init

[2012-05-22 20:00:37] mdns: Avahi state change: Client connecting

[2012-05-22 20:00:37] db: Could not prepare statement: no such table: admin

[2012-05-22 20:00:37] db: Could not check database version, trying DB init

[2012-05-22 20:00:41] mdns: Failed to create service browser: Bad state

[2012-05-22 20:00:41] player: Could not add mDNS browser for AirTunes devices

[2012-05-22 20:00:41] main: Player thread failed to start

[2012-05-22 20:00:41] main: File scanner deinit

[2012-05-22 20:00:41] main: Database deinit

[2012-05-22 20:00:41] main: mDNS deinit

[2012-05-22 20:00:41] main: Exiting.

I have tried many times removing and changing the location of the database folder and still no luck.

I have even went to the effort of removing all plugins, I only use sabnzbd, sickbeard, snap. I was using your your new GUI and I have removed this also.

Is there anyway I can remove everything except my media ? to start with a fresh install as such.

This plugin is something I really really want to get working it would make playing music so much easier. At the moment I got to have my macbook open in order to play music from unRaid I would prefer to do this from my iPad or iPhone and stream directly to my amp via Airport Express or Apple TV.