"SimpleFeatures" - iTunes Server Plugin [SUPPORT]

I have the same issue as mentioned previously, and by ren... When stopping the array is cant unmounts the drive I have placed the database on!

+1 I have this issue as well.

I have this problem too. It's at the point now that I don't keep the plugin enabled unless I want to use it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for looking into the update, speeding_ant. This looks and sounds pretty cool! No rush on things, as Real Life™ should always take precedence over hobbies (trust me, I completely understand; just this week alone five family members came out of the woodwork looking for computer assistance!).

I hope this is the add-on that I need.

I've got all of my music on an unraid server and I'd like for every computer in the house to use iTunes and see all of the music without having each computer to actively manage the music library.  And if an iPhone or iPad can also access the library, all the better.

Thanks for your work.

Will this work with Apple TV for my various MKV files etc?

No. 

You don;t say which version Apple TV....  1, 2 or 3...

The only way an Apple TV will play MKV is if the Apple TV is either jail-broken and running something like XBMC (but depends heavily on what's in the MKV), or if you run something like Plex and transcode on the server side.  Don't forget MKV is only a container - what's inside it (codecs and their parameters) can make a big difference to playability.

I have a ATV version 2 I believe and jailbreaked it to run Plex. It plays all my moves and tv shows which are all in mkv format. The newest atv hasn't been jailbreaked yet so you may want to look at roku. Plex can be install on that I believe.

I could be wrong but I don't think any transcoding is involved. I also have the Plex client on my phone so I have full access to all my media

I use AirPlay IT for my iPhone/iPad and that works a treat. I'm not getting an Apple TV 2 as the price of them is ridiculous because you can jailbreak them. I was under the impression that an ATV3 would work if you have an iTunes server but clearly not.

Guess I'll keep trying o get my Raspberry Pi working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk