Cannot Access Server - even from console - Simplefeatures issue?

OK this is going to sound strange.

My server was working fine this morning and I was checking the forums here and noticed there was an update for Simplefeatures.  So I downloaded and copied the simplefeatures new files into the "extra" folder on my flash and rebooted.

Oddly the server did not appear on the network, so on investigating at the actual machine it appeared to be frozen at the login prompt.

I guessed it must be something to do with simplefeatures, so I removed those files from the "extra" folder on the flash so it is empty again and rebooted.  However the same issue occurred.  Watching at the console, unraid seems to load fine and gets to the login prompt, but at that point I cannot type anything with the keyboard.

The server does not appear to be on the network, even though the lights on the back of the network card seem to suggest it is.

Is it possible that the simplefeatures plugin has changed something that might cause this?  I'm finding this hard to believe, but it is the only thing I changed before rebooting and now having this issue.

Alternatively, what can I do to try to investigate the issue as I can't type at the console or access the server over the network?

I'm on Unraid v5b14 and have been for some time working fine.

Go script:

#!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

fromdos < /boot/custom/bin/powerdown > /sbin/powerdown
chmod u+x /sbin/powerdown

# ifconfig eth0 mtu 9014
# ethtool eth0 -s  speed 1000 mbs DUPLEX FULL autoneg off

sleep 30
for i in /dev/md*
do
    blockdev --setra 2048 $i
done

/boot/unmenu/uu

echo nameserver 192.168.11.1 >/etc/resolv.conf
echo 192.168.11.4 tower >>/etc/hosts

echo "powerdown" | at 22:00

cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c 

/boot/custom/bin/cache_dirs

OK, so after more investigation - the keyboard issue seems to be related to v5b14.. i downgraded back to 442 (all i had handy) and the keyboard works again (although I can't login as root?).  SO I guess that is a red herring and I never checked the keyboard worked after upgrading to v5...

So I think the only issue is that the server is now not on the network.

Is it possible the network settings have been changed by the simplefeatures plugin?  Or am i just really unlucky and something else has failed at the same time?

Alright.. i give in, this issue has baffled me.  :o

After multiple reboots, the server is back on the network and seemingly working OK (parity check running).. and the keyboard works with v5b14.

I have no idea what happened.. clearly rebooting after installing the simplefeatures update caused my server to have a wobble!  I can't explain why though.  :-[