Server inactive and can't access web management?

I've had my server for a few days now and everything was working fine - i've transferred over all my files. Except, today I woke up and can't access my server anymore - both //tower and /IP aren't working (my server has static IP). If I go into the router management it lists the status of the server as "inactive"...what does this mean exactly? because AFAIK the server is on, and I can hear the fan spinning. I'd just push the power button but i'm worried it won't be a clean shutdown. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

P.S. i'm using 5b14 if that's relevant.

I've had my server for a few days now and everything was working fine - i've transferred over all my files. Except, today I woke up and can't access my server anymore - both //tower and /IP aren't working (my server has static IP). If I go into the router management it lists the status of the server as "inactive"...what does this mean exactly? because AFAIK the server is on, and I can hear the fan spinning. I'd just push the power button but i'm worried it won't be a clean shutdown. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

P.S. i'm using 5b14 if that's relevant.

Can you log in via the system console?

Can you log in via the system console?

Do you mean plugging in a keyboard and screen?

I just tried that - I plugged in the keyboard and then plugged in my tv (since it's in the living room) and it was just hanging on the first bios screen - "Initializing USB Controllers" - it was stuck there. I'm really confused because I left the server on and I was watching movies from it fine before I went to sleep, could it be a powercut? Anyway, I just ended up restarting it and it seems fine but i'd like to avoid this in the future. Any ideas what went wrong?

Thanks for your help Joe.