AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 Problems

Hi all,

In a slight purchasing error, and an apparent shortage of the AOC-SASLP-MV8 in the UK, I've ended up with the AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 card.  :)

Has anyone been able to get the AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 working with Unraid?  It looks like MaxNL has managed it, but other people have a variety of problems.

Trying with 5b14 or 5-rc1 I get errors whenever I access a drive attached to the controller.  If I try to preclear a drive (or add it to the array unprecleared), I get a bunch of BLK_EH_NOT_HANDLED followed by a mvs_abort_task() errors every 30seonds or so (I assume triggered by a timeout).

The current test disk is an oldish 2.0Gb WD EARS that has been working fine standalone.

Anyone any ideas on how to resolve this?  Is it the card or the disk?

Attached my syslog if it helps.

Many  thanks for any info.

D.

syslog.zip

Trying with 5b14 or 5-rc1 I get errors whenever I access a drive attached to the controller.  If I try to preclear a drive (or add it to the array unprecleared), I get a bunch of BLK_EH_NOT_HANDLED followed by a mvs_abort_task() errors every 30seonds or so (I assume triggered by a timeout).

Strange!  I was getting similar symptoms with my AOC-USAS2-L8i (LSI controller), which were resolved with a relatively recent controller firmware update.  Could there be a similar problem with the Marvel controller?  Do you have the latest firmware installed?

The current test disk is an oldish 2.0Gb WD EARS that has been working fine standalone.

I have a 2TB EARS on my USAS2.

Strange!  I was getting similar symptoms with my AOC-USAS2-L8i (LSI controller), which were resolved with a relatively recent controller firmware update.  Could there be a similar problem with the Marvel controller?  Do you have the latest firmware installed?

As far as I can tell - yes, latest bios came with the card.  The version I'm running is 4.0.0.1800 which also looks like the latest version on:

ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/driver/SAS/Marvell/MV8/SAS2/Firmware/

It is a year old, so could be part of the problem...

Actualy I'm using three AOC-SAS2 cards with three disks connected (using all the three cards).

I'd be happy to get just one working at the moment! :)

Here is attached my syslog maybe comparing them could cast some light....

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=19695.msg175431#msg175431

Thanks for that.  I'll take a look through tonight and see if it sheds any light.

Interestingly, trying with 5.0-rc2-test gives a whole different set of errors, will dig into those and see if I can come up with better questions on this.

Cheers.

Archived