[SOLVED] Upgraded to 5 now can't access any of my drives or shares

Hey guys, just upgraded to 5 rc2 from 4.7 pro.. everything went smooth, can see all the directories on the drives via the console..  the problem is i cannot access the drives via Windows Explorer like i used to.  All my data seems to be intact, i just cannot view the stuff on a windows machine. What am i missing here?

hey guys, ran the script again, a couple times and still no joy.  I rebooted my computer, even added another user, changed the shares to public, still cannot get to drives in windows explorer. It says  cannot access, you do not have permission to access \\media\hdmovies.

any help would be much appreciated, can't figure it out.

hey guys, ran the script again, a couple times and still no joy.  I rebooted my computer, even added another user, changed the shares to public, still cannot get to drives in windows explorer. It says  cannot access, you do not have permission to access \\media\hdmovies.

any help would be much appreciated, can't figure it out.

Double check the workgroup on both the Windows and unRAID computers...

my workgroup is named Lan, under SMB setting on the Unraid box, it is set to Yes (workgroup) and  Workgroup:LAN  Local Master:Yes.

Are you saying that on your Windows computer, the workgroup is named "Lan" and on the unRAID computer, the workgroup is named "LAN"?  If this is the case, change one or the other so that they are the same.  That be sure that it is either "LAN" or "Lan".  Windows used to be forgiving on capital vs small letters but Linux is not.

I also added a test username and that didn't work either.  I can add users but cannot delete my 4.7 users.  I also tried to set up the share as a public and it didn't work either..  im obviously missing something simple, any more ideas?

I also added a test username and that didn't work either.  I can add users but cannot delete my 4.7 users.  I also tried to set up the share as a public and it didn't work either..  im obviously missing something simple, any more ideas?

Stop and read the upgrade instructions for upgrading from 4.7 to 5.0.  You need to remove some password files, and then re-enter yor users.  I think you jumped over this step and are causing this situation.