Release Information

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went to delete a directory in one of my shares and Windows gave me an error "You do not have rights to delete directory owned by nobody"

I only have 1 user setup, and that is the root user.  Everything else is by default

I got this error today trying to delete a directory. Once the drive had spun up it deleted on my next attempt.

I also have another issue running RC3 but had it with b12a as well. When mounting and ISO with VCD via a user share I get and error that it is unable to mount. I have to use a disk share to mount the ISO. This happens on all of my PC's.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=16870.msg153854#msg153854

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=14664.msg138449#msg138449

Appart from that it seems to be working fine on my 2 M1015's flashed to IT mode.

Just wanted to add to this thread! I went ahead and jumped on board the RC3 bandwagon.

Once I found the problem was a dieing HHD, I removed it, now all is working better then ever.

So I want to be added to the happy camper list! ;D

Have you looked into the /boot/extra folder?

Yeah, renamed that as well  :-\

The safest way to test an RC is with a clean install, so rather then digging through configs, folders, renaming files to stop plugins you should just cut everything off your flash drive (if you want to keep some configs) then format the flash and put a clean install of 5.0-rcX on to test with. Just replacing bzimage/bzroot is not enough when bug testing an RC.

Have been running Unraid since Beta 6 as I could not get 4.7 running on my RIG.

I was stuck on Beta 12 for a while due to issues with beta 13/14 and my Supermicro - AOC-SASLP-MV8 cards.

RC 1, 2 and 3 have all been stable for me. RC-3 is running well and Parity checks are running between 66-110MB/s looking good

Sorry if this has been answered before: 

I have been running RC3 and is working great, all my 9 disks + parity working as intended. I noticed that one of my disks is returning errors and want to change it.  I was planning to get a 7200 rpm 2TB parity drive since mine now is 5900 rpm, but was wondering if I can use a 3TB seagate 7200rpm drive instead or are there any issues with 3TB HD's at this time?

Thanks a lot, and again, sorry if this question has been answered before.

Ezbox

I don't believe there are any known issues with 3TB drives at this time - presuming your hardware can cope with them.

This isn't anything really to do with this RC, you can post in the dedicated drive / hardware forum for more advice.

Hello everyone,

I'm planning to update my server to v5 once this is stable (which seems very close...) and I'm looking for hardware parts taking into consideration compatibility and scalability. I started another thread for this but thought that this might be a better place since you all already have experience with v5.

This is the thread:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=19912.msg177004#msg177004

I don't mean to hijack this one, but I'd appreciate it if you could have a look a let me know your thoughts.

Thanks guys!

Take a look at my sig. I also run win 7 on all 7 HTPC's in my home.

I know it's early, but so far RC3 is 100% rock solid with my setup!  Good luck in whatever route you take.

Hello everyone,

I'm planning to update my server to v5 once this is stable (which seems very close...) and I'm looking for hardware parts taking into consideration compatibility and scalability. I started another thread for this but thought that this might be a better place since you all already have experience with v5.

This is the thread:

I don't mean to hijack this one, but I'd appreciate it if you could have a look a let me know your thoughts.

Thanks guys!

Take a look at my sig. I also run win 7 on all 7 HTPC's in my home.

I know it's early, but so far RC3 is 100% rock solid with my setup!  Good luck in whatever route you take.

Hello everyone,

This is the thread:

Thanks guys!

thanks MikeL!!

On my N36L I am seeing a pretty big speed drop from beta 13.  With beta 13 I was getting 30-35mega bytes a second and with rc3 I am only seeing between 16-25 mega bytes a second i'm not to sure if you want logs the only way I can test is install beta 13 transfer data reboot to rc3 and repeat

Can someone post a list of unsolved issues/bugs and pending investigation into anythhing outstanding with RC3? Updating/editing the first post in this thread from time to time would be most welcome actually. It looks like progress with RC3 is good, but this thread is growing ever larger and it is difficult to actually see REAL issues with it amongst the general chat and Non issues that are to do with plugins etc. It has been suggested before that a bug tracking/submiting tool like Mantis would be ideal for unraid testing, but for now maybe we can look at other ways to try to make it as formal and easily managable as possible... one thread per issue maybe? Or is that overkill?

Can anyone tell me why all the disks spinup when I access the server via the 192.168.....

It's very very annoying as the disks spin up one by one and therefore takes ages to spin up 14 disks!!!

And also hdds 10 and onwards don't spin down after the 1 hour setting.

This does not happen to me.  All my drives spin down after my hour setting.  Make sure you go into each drive and hit Apply. 

Mounting two drives from an OS X Lion client with either AFP or SMB and copying a file between the two will crash the system after a couple of minutes. The copy aborts and telnet clients are disconnected and the system cannot be reached via http or telnet. Reset button only way out. Will revert to rc2 and test same copy.

Mounting two drives from an OS X Lion client with either AFP or SMB and copying a file between the two will crash the system after a couple of minutes. The copy aborts and telnet clients are disconnected and the system cannot be reached via http or telnet. Reset button only way out. Will revert to rc2 and test same copy.

I've seen that happen with Windows over SMB in an earlier beta. I started telnetting in to copy files because it's much faster. Haven't tried the over-LAN copy since.

Can someone post a list of unsolved issues/bugs and pending investigation into anythhing outstanding with RC3? Updating/editing the first post in this thread from time to time would be most welcome actually. It looks like progress with RC3 is good, but this thread is growing ever larger and it is difficult to actually see REAL issues with it amongst the general chat and Non issues that are to do with plugins etc. It has been suggested before that a bug tracking/submiting tool like Mantis would be ideal for unraid testing, but for now maybe we can look at other ways to try to make it as formal and easily managable as possible... one thread per issue maybe? Or is that overkill?

Agreed - we really need a bug tracker system.

If Tom is too busy to manage it, maybe one of the mods would do it online somewhere.

Because of similar thoughts elsewhere, with which I also agree, I created a Wiki page UnRAID Bug Tracking.  It is just a trial page, completely depends on users keeping it up to date (and we know how undependable that is!), comes way short of any bug tracking solution out there, perhaps falls too far short to be useful, but who knows ... could be helpful until someone gets something better up and running.  Please edit away, hack it to pieces, until it begins to work the way you want it to (well, sort of...).

If nothing else, this page AND its shortcomings will increase the interest in moving to a true bug tracking solution!