Release Information

If sabnzbd creates a folder, it should be able to delete it as it is the owner, no matter what user you run it as. You can check the permissions in sabnzbd, make sure the first number is a "7".  It'll be something like "755" or "775"

What are you using for post-processing? It sounds like the program doing the post-processing should be the one deleting the folder. If this is the case, make sure sabnzbd AND the other program are both being run as nobody.

If you are getting access denied, it sounds like the folders are being created by the root user, or being accessed/changed by the root user(which would take ownership).

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, I found the post-processing issue. BUT whatever folder that sabnzbd creates I am UNABLE to access it from my computer via SMB share. If I log into the server itself, I can access it just fine. I have noticed that when sabnzbd creates the folder it just says dwrx------ instead of drwxrxw---. So, I need to find a way that sabnzbd itself makes the file/folder permission defaults. Is there a way to set this, or does a whole new sabnzbd have to be compiled or reinstalled??

Also, what do you mean "check the permissions in sab"??? Is there a setting?

Ok, I just found that settings. "Permissions for completed downloads". I did set it to 777. Now for the testing. Thanks for the pointer/direction.

Ok, I found the post-processing issue. BUT whatever folder that sabnzbd creates I am UNABLE to access it from my computer via SMB share. If I log into the server itself, I can access it just fine. I have noticed that when sabnzbd creates the folder it just says dwrx------ instead of drwxrxw---. So, I need to find a way that sabnzbd itself makes the file/folder permission defaults. Is there a way to set this, or does a whole new sabnzbd have to be compiled or reinstalled??

Also, what do you mean "check the permissions in sab"??? Is there a setting?

Ok, I just found that settings. "Permissions for completed downloads". I did set it to 777. Now for the testing. Thanks for the pointer/direction.

These are not rc3 issues.  Please take this thread of conversations about sanzbd to the customizations or applications sub-forum.

Do we know the reason why the kernel version has gone from 3.0.* to 3.1.* to 3.3.* back to 3.0.*?

Haven't got an issue with it, just wondered!

Because various things seem to be broken in the later kernels - particularly support for LSI-based drive interfaces.

Server becomes unresponsive and crashes after a couple days. I removed all plugins (SimpleFeatures and some ad ons) and rebooted and it did not solve the problem. Same thing happened in rc2.

According to your syslog, you just added an additional disk to the array?  (looks like you now have 13 disks installed)

What exact make/model power supply are you using?

Still having tens, if not hundred of the network up messages :(

Haven't installed windows yet so I can't test performance, have to wait three weeks for that.

Did you troubleshoot your network cable, network switch, and network card? Those are the likely causes of spurious network up/down messages.

Hi there,

Upgraded to rc3 and all was well of the initial boot.. until I rebooted the system, now the web interface won't run. Here is the relevant sys log:

May 20 21:25:19 knox emhttp: unRAID System Management Utility version 5.0-rc3
May 20 21:25:19 knox emhttp: Copyright (C) 2005-2012, Lime Technology, LLC
May 20 21:25:19 knox emhttp: Pro key detected, GUID: ************************
May 20 21:25:19 knox emhttp: rdevName.22 not found
May 20 21:25:19 knox emhttp: diskFsStatus.1 not found
May 20 21:25:19 knox kernel: emhttp[10141]: segfault at 0 ip b74c2760 sp bfc454f0 error 4 in libc-2.11.1.so[b7449000+15c000]

I have no clue how to trouble shoot this level of issue.. so anyone who could point me in the right direction would be a life saver.

whiteatom

Post a FULL syslog and the contents of your addons/extras/plugins directories. It's possible one of those installed conflicting libc or other library that's causing a fault in emhttp. Though there might be an issue in one of your config files causing an issue.

Still having tens, if not hundred of the network up messages :(

Haven't installed windows yet so I can't test performance, have to wait three weeks for that.

Did you troubleshoot your network cable, network switch, and network card? Those are the likely causes of spurious network up/down messages.

Tested between my Mac Pro and MacBook Pro using the same cable. I max out the connection (SSDs!) with no errors @ ~115MB/sec both read and write. I don't get half that to the cache drive, even though when writing to it using the script someone has it can do 110MB/sec.

Same with my system! I went back to B14. When running RC3 everything would run perfectly for 2-3 days, then nothing, no web interface, no folders, and not even telnet.

Server becomes unresponsive and crashes after a couple days. I removed all plugins (SimpleFeatures and some ad ons) and rebooted and it did not solve the problem. Same thing happened in rc2.

Same with my system! I went back to B14. When running RC3 everything would run perfectly for 2-3 days, then nothing, no web interface, no folders, and not even telnet.

I've been running RC3 since it was released and I've had no problems what so ever, in fact I'd say it's more stable than v4.7

Having a stable beta is certainly %100 each perspective. I've had nothing but random weird, odd issues. Ones that are so hard to figure out. Trying to down grade to 4.7 didn't work and if there was a down grade path available I would use it. I really want to go back to 4.7. I've never used a beta anything in my life and I'm sorry I started now. I've come across another "odd" issue with RC3. I primarily play my media with my Dune media player %100. Soon as I changed over to RC3 I started to notice file format play back issues. I'll have to try to play the same file several times for it to work. No errors in any logs of course. I'm guessing I'm the only one having this type of issue. I haven't seen it anywhere else. I've tried NFS and SMB. Is there a downgrade path available or its not in the cards?

Having a stable beta is certainly %100 each perspective. I've had nothing but random weird, odd issues. Ones that are so hard to figure out. Trying to down grade to 4.7 didn't work and if there was a down grade path available I would use it. I really want to go back to 4.7. I've never used a beta anything in my life and I'm sorry I started now. I've come across another "odd" issue with RC3. I primarily play my media with my Dune media player %100. Soon as I changed over to RC3 I started to notice file format play back issues. I'll have to try to play the same file several times for it to work. No errors in any logs of course. I'm guessing I'm the only one having this type of issue. I haven't seen it anywhere else. I've tried NFS and SMB. Is there a downgrade path available or its not in the cards?

I have a Dune media player too, but can play everything flawlessly. What hardware components do you have?

I have no clue how to trouble shoot this level of issue.. so anyone who could point me in the right direction would be a life saver.

I suspect some bad sector on your stick to be the culprit. I suggest you re-format your USB stick and copy the files back afterwards (assuming you have copy available).

This is the behavior I saw as well, before disabling all packages. Since then, since RC3, it has been solid from first boot and for multiple TB of copies. Broken record I know, but most plug-ins won't be updated until Final so it's best to take them out of the testing equation. If some of them are critical to you but you aren't up to solving or working around problems yourself then it would seem best to stick with a release that works with your goodies. No?

Edit: I'm not ignoring the part where shrimpyaab said they disabled plugins, or that possibly you meant the same, but without more details and a syslog it's hard to get any value from the posts.

Disclaimer: I do not mean to sound rash or condescending

Instead of running RC3 and expecting it to run perfectly, try some things to debug. A segfault is a RAM issue, try running memtest overnight atleast, post results. Over the course of the 2-3 days, run this command and log your memory output:

free -m 

Record all of the output.

These are things that can help rundown whats happening. It could be a ram issue(although not likely if B14 works fine, but something to rule out). Segfaults happen when a application tries to access ram that it does not own, so it seems something is taking up all the ram and unraid can't get what it needs, causing the segfault. The output of "free -m" will let us know how much of your ram is being used, and if the case is more and more ram is being used until the eventual segfault.

Once what is happening is established, the community, or lime-tech, can possibly find the culprit, and a fix.

Maybe its the long beta cycles, but it seems that the meaning of "beta" and "RC" are forgotten occassionally. These are not labeled stable, there will be problems. People using these builds should use them with the mindset that something WILL go wrong, and attempt to find a fix or give enough information that a fix can be found. Obviously, the vast majority of users are not having these issues, so its up to the minority of users to give whatever information is necessary, or as much as possible.

A list of things that might prove useful:

Top -  it is possible to have run and send to file, it updates every three seconds so this file becomes huge quickly. To do this every hour, run this(you can utilize screen to run a separate "session" to run it from, as you would need it to run continuously to work. This would keep recording the "top" output to the file top.txt on your flash drive every hour. This way you could retrieve the output even after the server stops responding.

top -b -d 3600 > /boot/top.txt

Free - Shows memory usage, including total, free, used, cached, and buffered. -m flag shows output in megabytes. This could be ran every so often and recorded to show trending memory usage.

free -m

Full syslog - Shows whats happening with the system, enough said

There are others that could prove useful, but I think these three would provide a pretty good glimpse of exactly what is happening with the server

I know some users were talking about creating a "debug" package, that, once installed, would do some of these things automatically, maybe this should be put together to help with troubleshooting. I know many support forums do this, and it seems to work very efficiently.