Plex-Trakt-Scrobbler ... how to

It is pretty easy

Download from -> https://github.com/tester22/Plex-Trakt-Scrobbler

(if you have couchpotatov2 installed then you can use git to download it )

put it in a dir somewhere (i have it on my cache drive )

chmod the dir to 770

if you want to run it as nobody chown it to nobody (chown -R username filename(dirname))

change the following lines in config.ini

[Trakt]
username = yourtraktusername
password = yourtraktpassword

[Optional]
plexlog_path = /mnt/cache/plex/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log

Be sure to adapt the plexlog path to your setup

save config.ini

open a terminal window

move to the directory where you installed trakt

type

python script.py

enter

and it will give you something like this

Started monitoring...

Running on Linux  (#1 SMP Tue May 8 16:46:15 MDT 2012) with PMS Version 0.9.6.1.89-3c84bb7

Plugin version: 0.2

Monitoring the log at /mnt/cache/plex/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log

PMS running at http://localhost:32400/

trakt.tv username yourtraktusername

i am sure it would run as a daemon too but since it tends to crash when my kid is watching Japanese cartoons do i keep it open in a terminal window

wish somebody could make a complete plugin together with Plex-9-to-Trakt

Plex-9-to-Trakt needs curl-php though and we don't have that on unraid... so for the moment it crashes when i start it

Wow, thanks so much! It seems (linux newbie..) to be working, I get this:

root@Server:/mnt/cache/_Usenet/Plex/Resources/Trakt_Scrobbler# python /mnt/cache/_Usenet/Plex/Resources/Trakt_Scrobbler/script.py
Started monitoring...
Running on Linux  (#1 SMP Tue May 8 16:46:15 MDT 2012) with PMS Version 0.9.6.1.89-3c84bb7
Plugin version: 0.2
Monitoring the log at /mnt/cache/_Usenet/Plex_library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log
PMS running at http://localhost:32400/
trakt.tv username smoldersonline
Progress on 4406 is 818340 ms
We will watch it
Response: not implmented yeat
Progress on 4406 is 824528 ms

but it seems Trakt is not picking up?

edit: reading on the Plex forum it seems it will only scrobble to Trakt after 85%. That's probably why Trakt is not showing me watching ... Is it possible to align the behavior of the script with the "OSX Trakt app"?

edit2: script scrobbles just fine (after 85%). Great work! No clue how difficult this would be, but even better if it would scrobble to Trakt when starting to watch.. Thanks again!!

well first of all i have both xbmc and plex running ...

reason for this is that i had xbmc first and then i bought an LG tv which would install plex client so i didn't need another htpc :P

so in the beginning i had only xbmc which has a trakt plugin

i uploaded my library to it with the excellent plugin to trakt and every time we watch something on our xbmc htpc's then the episode would mark watched and if you set it you can even grade movies/episodes

main reason for that was to have an external database with what i watched/not watched ... since with the upgrades to eden i lost one time my mysql database and so i would have lost my watched / no watched list... after importing everything again....  this xbmc plugin can synchronize this ....

so once the lg tv made his entrance i would have liked to keep this up to date in the same lazy way of a plugin doing this so i searched for something .....

and this plex trakt scrobbler does exactly that ....

the other script would import your database to trakt too.. but like i said didn't get it to work yet ......

wish somebody made a kickass plugin for plex like the XBMC one....

• 4 years later...