Segate 2TB Retail (5 year warranty) $99.99 at Best Buy

flips

I'm thinking of buying one of these as a cache drive!  Rather than spending the same $99 dollars of a 90GB SSD drive.

Probably a great idea since the bottleneck is the gigabit network and not the drive.  Also by having a 2tb hdd as a cache drive, you have a warm spare if one of your other drives fail.

I'm thinking of buying one of these as a cache drive!  Rather than spending the same $99 dollars of a 90GB SSD drive.

Probably a great idea since the bottleneck is the gigabit network and not the drive.  Also by having a 2tb hdd as a cache drive, you have a warm spare if one of your other drives fail.

Ditto!

These are at $109 now, store pickup only.  So I guess these means sales tax of course.. so you're looking at approximately $120 assuming your state has a sales tax.

I suppose this is a good deal since I jsut paid $120 for a new WD of Amazon that only has a 2 year warranty--this one is still 5 year warranty.