Flood of "spindown" messages

I've attached my syslog, where you can see I'm now getting floods of "spindown" messages.

When I first noticed this, around this entry: May 30 16:45:35, I checked both the GUI and also issued "hdparm -C /dev/sdx" commands.  Even though there were only the messages associated with 3 of my 4 drives, all 4 showed as standby node, so they in fact did spin down correctly.

The only recent change to my system, is the addition of an IBM 1015 controller, flashed as an LSI 9211/IT mode, with 5 2T disks attached, that you can also see were being pre-cleared.

The array is still attached to the same on-board SATA ports, as previously, and prior to the M1015 addition, I never saw these messages flooding like this.

Cheers.

syslog.zip

If everyone could please post what version of LSI flash your running (should you be posting an issue). Also if you disabled the Rom access to the LSI card(s). Thanks.

Not sure it makes a difference, as all the disks in the array are attached to the motherboard SATA ports.  It's only the disks I was pre-clearing that are attached to the LSI:

Latest 9211 P13.5 IT firmware and no Option Rom.

Cheers.

Five pre-clears and 8Gig.

The pre-clears all started around  2012-05-30 16:04, based on the logs in /tmp.

Cheers.

Are you using any of the options to preclear to limit the amount of memory it is using when reading and writing to the disks?

( -w -r and -b )

Are you using any of the options to preclear to limit the amount of memory it is using when reading and writing to the disks?

( -w -r and -b )

Nope.

Should I be, as I have my original 4x2TB drives I want to "check out", before moving them to my hardware RAID card on my ESXi server.

Cheers.

( -w -r and -b )

Nope.

Should I be ??

Well, if you are running out of memory when trying to preclear many at the same time, yes.

Sorry, u answered my question, but I was offline for a few days. That is too many preclears running at the same time when attempting to run a parity sync as well. If you drop down to 3 preclear with running a parity sync you will be fine.

No, no parity sync running.  Just the pre-clears.

Cheers.