Does Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Motherboard Support VT-d ?

Oh that's an option--to download the manual; I'll give that a go thanks :)

Btw, been doing some research and learned about ivy bridge.  I might just wait for  a good z77 board and get the i7 3770.. .. so fast! :)  much faster than sandy bridge.

I hope you are not getting for unraid only. It would be a total waste. And remember: there always will be something better, faster in over a year.

• 8 years later...

Hi I have a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 and considering the move to Unraid with this board. Currently I have a 2500K in it but once I update the BIOS a Xeon E3 1270 will be compatible with it. It will draw less power as well as have better support for Intels Virtualization technologies.

I want to replace several older Windows 98 and an XP system for legacy games, so it dawned on me that I may be able to run both  Windows XP & Windows 98 VMs on it, with hardware pass through to the GPU and audio cards. The MB has 2x legacy PCI slots (legacy GPU and Soundcard on that) as well as PCI-e for a more modern GPU for Windows XP. Looking at the current BIOS, I can enable Intels virtualization technology, however there is no specific setting for VTD which I think is essential to do this. Does anyone know if that can be done? Would like to know before plonking down the cash for the Xeon.

Thank you