Tvheadend plugin for unRAID V5.0

Could it be a permissions issue?

I thought it could be as I had an odd permissions issue that caused the same problem as you when I ran tvheadend on ubuntu. But as you're root???

All I can suggest is to make sure you're using the latest tvheadend, and maybe try installing on your cache drive?

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a good point I really should have put a sys log up on this thread to see if someone could spot something. The server is up and running right now without tvheadend on the flash and my other half is feeling ill and in the middle of a chick flick marathon!! Next time I get the chance to fiddle, I'll repeat the install and post up a sys log. Thanks so far.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alright guys, looks like I need some help.  I've tried following the steps and using setups from Botez, but I'm running into the same problem as jj0076: " Warning: passthru(): Cannot execute a blank command in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 431 " when I got to tower/settings/tvheadend.  I've been running rc8a for quite some time now (months), never had v4.7 (started with one of the 5 Betas, then up to rc3, then rc8a).  System is operational.  I'm trying to connect to an HDHomeRun Dual (not the prime), so I replaced the stock bzimage and bzroot in rc8a with the ones in this post (unraid-rc8a-media-tree-2), and used the latest Stable release of TVHeadend from piotrasd.  No luck.  The plugin is installed, but nothing.  Am I missing something?  (I am a Linux n00b so please explain).  I've attached the latest syslog (I think) if that helps.

syslog-20130103-214834.zip

Botez,

Thanks for the review.  I found the same thing when I looked through the syslog, but when I watch it boot up (I've attached a monitor, keyboard, mouse), it shows that the package is installed right after my Plex package (but nothing in the syslog).  And the syslog attached is the syslog after a couple reboots.  But I can try again if you think that might help.

*UPDATE*: I did a reboot and have attached the latest syslog, but again, nothing about TVHeadend in the syslog, but when I watched it boot up, it showed that the Plex plugin was installed after ACPI Daemon, and that TVHeadend plugin was installed after Plex.  And Plex is working.  My TVHeadend and Plex plugins are in /boot/extra (is that part of the problem?).

syslog-20130104-090238.zip

Botez,

I've made some progress, and I think I see a very distant light of the very long tunnel.  Much more to do I think/fear.

First of, I had only downloaded the latest pkg from piotr, from a couple days ago.  I tried 3 different locations, all seemed to show that the TXZ package was installed, but like we discussed, nothing in my syslog.  Finally I went back and added WW's PLG and I finally had success in seeing TVHeadend at my settings page.  (I guess being the Linux n00b I didn't/don't understand the difference in the PLG and TXZ files). 

Secondly, I had already updated the bzroot and bzimage files (I'm running rc8a) using the files that piotr posted on 9/25/12.  So when I go to settings page, it shows:

System Requirements: WARNING

MEDIA Tree: Detected

DVB Tuner: NOT DETECTED

TVHeadend login/password: Accepted

So, I believe that my system does not have the HDHomerun files necessary, as I followed other posts, my lsmod listing does not show anything for HDHomerun.  What step(s) am I missing? Do the HDHomerun files come as part of the bzroot and bzimage files or what?  (Again, sorry for the Linux n00b issues, and thanks for helping!). 

Finally, possibly a persmissions issue, but the tvheadend site on my server seems to be up on port 9981, but it asks for user/pass.  I tried my normal root for the server, but no luck.  Am I missing something?

TVHeadend.png.e87c992d072d9ff65b2f74fd85a411b1.png

Hello, I'm using the tvheadend plugin with Afatech AF9013 DVB-T in an unraid server plus 5.0 rc4.

Everything works great, but it seems like the adapter is always on, even though the there's no streaming done most of the day...

Is it possible to set power saving? I couldn't find such options in the configuration.

Thank you!

Higs

I don't think that the bzimage/bzroot that piotr posted has the hdhomerun drivers in it, which is why I had to compile those in myself and is why this isn't working for you. I described the steps to do so a few pages back and while it was a good learning experience, it's also a bit daunting if you have zero Linux experience.

Anyways, I can post the bzimage and bzroot I am using later tonight when I am at my computer and hopefully using those will get things working for you.

latest tvheadend with Timeshift

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49442039/tvheadend-2798896-i486-git_PTr.txz

MD5 8c29faed6d980c62159c1864d47dbc54

Latest master

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49442039/tvheadend-9247faa-i486-git_PTr.txz

MD5 490482de614f46ce32318d7e942483cc

cache for icons - enabled in both bersion ;)

Is it possible to set power saving? I couldn't find such options in the configuration.

Like on screen ;)

VFysf8

I don't think that the bzimage/bzroot that piotr posted has the hdhomerun drivers in it, which is why I had to compile those in myself and is why this isn't working for you.

Yeep my image dont have support for hdhomerun (only that why beacuse i dont have any device for test)

Higs

I don't think that the bzimage/bzroot that piotr posted has the hdhomerun drivers in it, which is why I had to compile those in myself and is why this isn't working for you. I described the steps to do so a few pages back and while it was a good learning experience, it's also a bit daunting if you have zero Linux experience.

Anyways, I can post the bzimage and bzroot I am using later tonight when I am at my computer and hopefully using those will get things working for you.

I'm also interested in trying a build that includes the hdhomerun driver, so it would be great if you could share this.

It would be even better if there were plans to eventually include this in the official plugin as well, hdhomerun tuners are very popular devices.