Tvheadend plugin for unRAID V5.0

So Id like to 2nd  ironicbadgers request for a beginning to end walk through of the plugin install. And while there is a lot of good information in this thread Ive tried most everything in this thread and Im not even able to get the login page from <ip address>:9981

heres where i currently stand

hdhomerun dual tuner

Ive downloaded piotrasd bzroot and bzimage from 5/15

stopped the array

copied bzroot and bzimage to the flash and rebooted

started the array after reboot

Ive copied these files here:

/boot/extras/libidn-1.26-i686-1PTr.txz

/boot/extras/tvheadend-20130426-i686-1PTr.txz

attempted to install tvheadend_mod.plg but receive a slough of Warning: simplexml_load_file(): ^ in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13 errors

this is what my go file looks like

#!/bin/bash^M
# Start the Management Utility^M
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &^M

cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs
-n1 sh -c
/boot/config/plugins/snap/snap.sh -b
/boot/unmenu/uu

#TVHeadend Install
installpkg /boot/extras/libidn-1.26-i686-1PTr.txz
installpkg /boot/extras/tvheadend-20130426-i686-1PTr.txz
sleep 10 && sudo -u root tvheadend -C /mnt/user/apps/tvheadend -u nobody -g video -f

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just bought a Technisat SkyStar USB HD DVB-S2 tuner, and according to the linuxtv wiki the drivers should be in the linux kernel since 2.6.39. But after having tried all the versions of the media tree  in your plugin, I still cant get TVheadend to recognize my tuner. It just says DVB Tuner: Not detected.

On the linuxtv wiki I was told to put a firmware file in the /lib/firmware folder, and I have done this as well, but it doesnt make any difference.

Is there something basic I am missing? Or is this tuner not supported at all?

I am using your version of the kernel so I am on 5.0 RC4.

SkyStar USB are not very good and i think need difrent drivers - "s2 liplianin" (but im not sure for 100%)

On wiki they say - yes should be in kernel - but im alwayes turn ON all drivers - so you should see your tuner in system

try tap i shell:

dmesg | grep DVB
dmesg | grep TechniSat
dmesg | grep USB

and put here what you get

Hey piotrasd, thanks for the quick reply.

this is what I get:

ehci_hcd: USB 2.0 'Enhanced' Host Controller (EHCI) Driver

ehci_hcd 0000:00:12.2: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1

ehci_hcd 0000:00:12.2: USB 2.0 started, EHCI 1.00

hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found

ehci_hcd 0000:00:13.2: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 2

ehci_hcd 0000:00:13.2: USB 2.0 started, EHCI 1.00

hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found

ehci_hcd 0000:00:16.2: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 3

ehci_hcd 0000:00:16.2: USB 2.0 started, EHCI 1.00

hub 3-0:1.0: USB hub found

ohci_hcd: USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller (OHCI) Driver

ohci_hcd 0000:00:12.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 4

hub 4-0:1.0: USB hub found

ohci_hcd 0000:00:13.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 5

hub 5-0:1.0: USB hub found

ohci_hcd 0000:00:16.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 6

hub 6-0:1.0: USB hub found

uhci_hcd: USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver

Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...

USB Mass Storage support registered.

usbhid: USB HID core driver

usb 2-1: new high speed USB device number 2 using ehci_hcd

usb 2-3: new high speed USB device number 3 using ehci_hcd

In the setting menu for the Tvheadend plugin, this is what it says:

MEDIA tree: DETECTED

DVB tuner: NOT DETECTED

There is no DVB-S/S2, DVB-T or DVB-C tuner in your system.

Im using a HDHOMERUN and getting th same result. "using Reginalds unraid v5.012a

MEDIA tree: DETECTED

DVB tuner: NOT DETECTED

There is no DVB-S/S2, DVB-T or DVB-C tuner in your system.

I wish someone would post some steps, am i supposed to configure anything other than the web interface?

for sure you are use build with media tree ?

I have now tried 3 different builds all with media tree (rc4 downloaded via the plugin, rc11 and rc12a) none of which will work with my tuner.

After reading somewhere in this thread that the plugin is out of date I installed Tvheadend from your dump truck thingie, and it still cant see the tuner.

When I look in the /lib/firmware folder, I can see that the firmware file, linuxtv wiki tells me I need, is already there.

And by the way, I know for sure that there is nothing wrong with the tuner. When I plug it in my raspberry pi with openelec it just works right away.

Dude, Im in the same boat...  >:( So pissed, the instructions here are so vague and poorly written... Ive gone though every single page, if someone can explain in one paragraph how this is achieved, more people can enjoy this attractive plugin. Unfortunetely the information is extremely hard to follow...

Would appreciate some help guys with the hdhomerun... and unraid.

As far as I know...

1) Install tvheadend plugin from W-W Github page - Done BUT later on through these pages, it explains to install the latest tvheadend etc... no idea how to switch this up.

2) Install the modified bzroot (2 files)

then what.... I still have my hdhomerun showing DVB tuner: NOT DETECTED ???

So now Im stuck, have spent at least 20 hours... + No idea what to do next.

KidCastro,

It sounds like were working on similar setups with similar issues. I think we can work through them together and maybe get this thing up and running. Heres what I have

I copied reginalds bzroot and image file to flash

rebooted unraid

install w-w tvheadend plugin from his github page

rebooted unraid

still no option on my plugins page for tvheadend

cant hit the interface from ip:9981 or name:9981

my go file is below

#!/bin/bash^M
# Start the Management Utility^M
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &^M

cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs
-n1 sh -c
/boot/config/plugins/snap/snap.sh -b
/boot/unmenu/uu

#TVHeadend Install
#installpkg /boot/extras/libidn-1.26-i686-1PTr.txz
installpkg /boot/extras/tvheadend-20130426-i686-1PTr.txz
sleep 10 && sudo -u root tvheadend -c /mnt/user/apps/tvheadend -u nobody -g video -f

KidCastro,

It sounds like were working on similar setups with similar issues. I think we can work through them together and maybe get this thing up and running.

PLEASE HELP ME & 760side.

Im happy to work on this together...

1) As per the comment by Mettbrot, I deleted all the tvheadend plugin files from the folder since this is outdated... First post should be updated.

2) Downloaded the latest tvheadend from piotrasd's post.

https://app.dumptruck.goldenfrog.com/p/Vq3zpArAKB

3) Put that tvheadend....txz into my /boot/extra folder so that means, as far as I know that it will install tvheadend on every reboot

4) Created my data folder as per this link https://github.com/spylex/tvheadend_unraid my directory is on my cache drive /mnt/cache/unraid/tvheadend

5) I am supposed to give this folder permission for anyone? not sure if this is another command or the one just below it which reads...

echo "{ \"username\": \"admin\", \"password\": \"admin\" }" > $DATADIRFROMABOVE/superuser

so mine is altered as per MY data directory, yours will be different

echo "{ \"username\": \"admin\", \"password\": \"admin\" }" > /mnt/cache/unraid/tvheadend/superuser

Not sure if I am supposed to have some $ sign or something

6) The above command has placed some unix superuser file in my data directory.

Its very simple one line code which reads

{ "username": "admin", "password": "admin" }

7) Next step is running tvheadend so it says to run as follows, I do this via Putty in Windows 8.

Input command: sudo -u root tvheadend -c /mnt/cache/Services/TVH -u root -g video -f 2>&1 >/dev/null

I also input the same command into my go script as follows in the directory /boot/config/go <-- file edit with notepad++

My complete go file looks like this... (btw this is supposed to allow tvheadend to start on every reboot, thats why we are doing it):

#!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c

sudo -u root tvheadend -c /mnt/cache/Services/TVH -u root -g video -f 2>&1 >/dev/null

8) Now I try to login to my unraid server via 192.168.1.10:9981 or server:9981 and it prompts me for username/password. I input admin/admin ...... REJECTED does not let me into tvheadend GUI ?

So I googled "cant login to tvheadend" it advises me to run this command from root:

killall -9 tvheadend

Then...

tvheadend -C

Now I can login but once again... I cannot see my hdhomerun in the DVB Inputs tab, it shows nothing in the dropdown. I swear the minute it shows up, it will rain angels from the sky  ;D

So once again I am stuck, the issue I am having is, where in this process does it 1. Load the hdhomerun drivers 2. Start to find the hdhomerun on the network and ofcourse why cant I login to my tvheadend on boot with admin/admin ???

Also important to note, I have to manually start my array after reboot, could this be causing an issue or is this default for everyone. Maybe my cache drive is not mounted may cause an issue assigning the username/password on reboot? Also I have user shares turned off because I like having normal shares without populating all media so its cache,diskx.... and flash.

I am running out of ideas, wish one of the experts here would provide a full run down. I would share my knowledge with anyone after, to help them out.

Cheers, wish you have more progress 760side - hope we can succeed  :(

:-) You are half way there! If your data directory is /mnt/cache/unraid/tvheadend/superuser you should also change the start command in your go script:

#!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c

sleep 10 && sudo -u root tvheadend -c /mnt/cache/unraid/tvheadend -u root -g video -f 2>&1 >/dev/null

Tvheadend can then pic up the superuser credentials and you can log in wirth admin/admin. (I added sleep 10 so tvheadend waits a few seconds for the array to come up)

If your receiver does not show up it means it is not recognized by unraid. Are you sure you have swapped BZROOT and BZIMAGE with the one provided in this thread?

I have now tried the fourth media tree kernel, but the only thing I see in the log when I plug in my tuner (Technisat Skystar USB HD) is this line:

May 25 12:13:27 micro kernel: usb 1-2: new high-speed USB device number 6 using ehci_hcd

Is there any way I can force unraid to load the correct firmware and/or module? I know the correct firmware is in the /lib/firmware.

If I plug in my old hauppauge DVB-T tuner I can see in the syslog that it loads the driver and detects what kind of tuner it is.

I found this on a forum , I looks like someone else had the same problem on the openelec github.

It is a patch found the linux-media mailing list. Could this help?

This patch adds a module-device-table-entry to the

technisat-usb2-driver which will help udev to on-demand load the

driver. This was obviously forgotten during initial commit.

Signed-off-by: Patrick Boettcher <[email protected]>

---

drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/technisat-usb2.c |    1 +

1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/technisat-usb2.c b/drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/technisat-usb2.c

index acefaa8..7a8c8c1 100644

--- a/drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/technisat-usb2.c

+++ b/drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/technisat-usb2.c

@@ -677,6 +677,7 @@ static struct usb_device_id technisat_usb2_id_table[] = {

{ USB_DEVICE(USB_VID_TECHNISAT, USB_PID_TECHNISAT_USB2_DVB_S2) },

{ 0 }      /* Terminating entry */

};

+MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE(usb, technisat_usb2_id_table);

/* device description */

static struct dvb_usb_device_properties technisat_usb2_devices = {

-- 1.7.9.5 -- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-media" in the body of a message to [email protected] More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

I think this refers to the same patch:

http://git.linuxtv.org/media_tree.git/commit/1309b33683addabe4700e0bcce422de70f6dc4c8

This makes absolutely no sense to me, but it might mean something to someone :)

Any help would be much appreciated

I've updated my github to make it a little clearer. Thanks piotrasd for the latest release, testing now.

https://github.com/spylex/tvheadend_unraid

You shoudl change

Run the following command to start TVHeadend: sudo -u root tvheadend -c /mnt/cache/Services/TVH -u root -g video -f 2>&1 >/dev/null

to

Run the following command to start TVHeadend: sudo -u root tvheadend -c $DATADIR -u root -g video -f 2>&1 >/dev/null

Hi piotrasd

I am really looking forward to the oscam plugin, it is probably going to save me a lot of googleing ;)

Is there any chance you could look at the patch I linked to in a earlier post (also on page 34)?

with tvheadend and oscam working, my unraid box will be complete :)

Hi piotrasd

I am really looking forward to the oscam plugin, it is probably going to save me a lot of googleing ;)

Is there any change you could look at the patch I linked to in a earlier post (also on page 34)?

with tvheadend and oscam working, my unraid box will be complete :)

if google shows an entry from linuxtv.org always read it first ;-) http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Technisat_SkyStar_USB_HD it says your driver is in kernel, so the stock media tree should work without any additions...