Tvheadend plugin for unRAID V5.0

Do all of you have to kill tvheadend in order to stop the array? If I don't kill it unraid always says "Unmounting disks...Retry unmounting disk share(s)...Unmounting disks...Retry unmounting disk share(s)..." (I run tvheadend from the cache disk) I thought I never had this problem before...  :(

@leeism: If you have audio on the channels its probably the right port  :P

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Mack

May I kindly ask you which kernel options (by their title) are you enabling to enable media tree? I am also trying to compile my own, but I cannot enable the dvb drivers (while actually I was the one who put up the original how to compile guide to the wiki). I can't figure out the changes.

The script doesn't include the modifications via menuconfig...

I don't need everything what is included in your build and also I have my own stuff to include, this is the reason why I want to compile my own.

So what do you mean by enable audio? Do you mean ALSA?

Hi All

Not to sure if I am running the correct firmware for my Hauppage HVR-2200, is anyone able to tell me if I am?

I am running this on a HP Microserver N36L. Seem to be having issue with choppy and laggy live tv, xbmc keeps on reporting that it is has lost connection to the TVheadend server. I am just about on the verge of buying a tuner dongle to stick in the Raspberry pi instead of using this.

ran a dmesg:

firmware download complete.

tveeprom 1-0000: Hauppauge model 89619, rev D1F2, serial# 5245460

tveeprom 1-0000: MAC address is 00:0d:fe:50:0a:14

tveeprom 1-0000: tuner model is NXP 18271C2_716x (idx 152, type 4)

tveeprom 1-0000: TV standards PAL(B/G) NTSC(M) PAL(I) SECAM(L/L') PAL(D/D1/K) ATSC/DVB Digital (eeprom 0xfc)

tveeprom 1-0000: audio processor is SAA7164 (idx 43)

tveeprom 1-0000: decoder processor is SAA7164 (idx 40)

tveeprom 1-0000: has radio

saa7164[0]: Hauppauge eeprom: model=89619

tda18271 2-0060: creating new instance

TDA18271HD/C2 detected @ 2-0060

DVB: registering new adapter (saa7164)

saa7164 0000:02:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (NXP TDA10048HN DVB-T)...

tda18271 3-0060: creating new instance

TDA18271HD/C2 detected @ 3-0060

tda18271: performing RF tracking filter calibration

tda18271: RF tracking filter calibration complete

DVB: registering new adapter (saa7164)

saa7164 0000:02:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 1 frontend 0 (NXP TDA10048HN DVB-T)...

saa7164[0]: registered device video0 [mpeg]

saa7164[0]: registered device video1 [mpeg]

saa7164[0]: registered device vbi0 [vbi]

saa7164[0]: registered device vbi1 [vbi]

FAT-fs (sda1): Volume was not properly unmounted. Some data may be corrupt. Please run fsck.

tg3 0000:03:00.0: irq 43 for MSI/MSI-X

tg3 0000:03:00.0 eth0: Link is up at 1000 Mbps, full duplex

tg3 0000:03:00.0 eth0: Flow control is off for TX and off for RX

HDHomeRun: Begin init, version 0.0.16

HDHomeRun: Waiting for userspace to connect

HDHomeRun: End init

hdhomerun: userhdhomerun connected

access_ok() fails

access_ok() fails

hdhomerun: userhdhomerun disconnected

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-2200

Note: this method (as of 2012/03/02) will only give NTSC for analog TV, the driver does not have PAL support. You can at this point patch your code with the patch here: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/26212/focus=26524. A bit of fiddling is needed to apply the patch in the newer kernels, but I have it working with 3.2.1. Apply the patch to the linux subdirectory of the git archive (after calling ./build.sh), and then call ./build again (or just make). --- patch for 3.2.1-gentoo kernel: https://github.com/reinhrst/nl.claude.tools/tree/2594dd91cb81a3c905a53b9168f52a42e317cd1f/misc

Note: (as of 2012/11/27) Revision 2 of this card will fail to initialize correctly with a dmesg error similar to the below: Full details are available here

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-2200

Note: this method (as of 2012/03/02) will only give NTSC for analog TV, the driver does not have PAL support. You can at this point patch your code with the patch here: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/26212/focus=26524. A bit of fiddling is needed to apply the patch in the newer kernels, but I have it working with 3.2.1. Apply the patch to the linux subdirectory of the git archive (after calling ./build.sh), and then call ./build again (or just make). --- patch for 3.2.1-gentoo kernel: https://github.com/reinhrst/nl.claude.tools/tree/2594dd91cb81a3c905a53b9168f52a42e317cd1f/misc

Note: (as of 2012/11/27) Revision 2 of this card will fail to initialize correctly with a dmesg error similar to the below: Full details are available here

Thanks Piotrasd

That sounds bad. Can anyone give me a step by step on how to do this? Or am I better off buying a different tuner card?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uvtu6evx6bcj2al/unraid-16c-hdhomerun%2B.zip  16c hdhomerun+media tree.  Enjoy!

Olympia I use menuconfig.  Enable Realtek and audio.  Then go into multimedia support and enable things until you get the module you need under usb or pci...  I enable almost everything so my build should work for whatever you need. :)

I'm really just using the scripts that botez posted.

It seems like you forgot to include firmware files

usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_af9015

usb 1-4: dvb_usb_v2: Did not find the firmware file 'dvb-usb-af9015.fw'. Please see linux/Documentation/dvb/ for more details on firmware-problems. Status -2

I actually never had luck getting a build with hdhomerun to work :-(

I don't know if one can just enable firmware files together with the drivers, or if it is necessary to manually add the files?? The latest firmware for the AF9015 seems to be here

Do all of you have to kill tvheadend in order to stop the array? If I don't kill it unraid always says "Unmounting disks...Retry unmounting disk share(s)...Unmounting disks...Retry unmounting disk share(s)..." (I run tvheadend from the cache disk) I thought I never had this problem before...  :(

I have to do this each and everytime for some unknown reason, I killall tvheadend then it unmounts.

Need a solution as well.

I have to do this each and everytime for some unknown reason, I killall tvheadend then it unmounts.

Need a solution as well.

I would guess this has to do with permissions.  Others probably know better than me.

Mettbrot,

I sure did forget firmwares.  I'll repost when I'm able to add them.

Hello Mack,

thank you. For it is working.

But i have a few problems with my configuration. Perhaps can anybody help me.

I have 2 DVB-C Cards. One PCI-card from technotrend and one USB-Stick form sundtek.

1. the PCI-Card is recognized and working so far. But XBMC becomes no input. The first time it was working. the second moment no more. tvheadend telle me, that he is switching, but xbmc tells me no input detected.

2. the sundtek stick is not recoginzed. Only if i use the install script from http://support.sundtek.com/index.php/topic,1121.0.html. after reboot the stick is gone. how can i manage to recognize him permanent?

3. if the stick ist recognized, i go to tvheadend and try to do a search. i add dvb network by location and wait until Muxes awaiting initial scan: go to 0. But it is always stopping by the last 1 an will never come to an end.

Are you able to help me?

Best regards,

Peter

Hello Mack,

thank you. For it is working.

But i have a few problems with my configuration. Perhaps can anybody help me.

I have 2 DVB-C Cards. One PCI-card from technotrend and one USB-Stick form sundtek.

1. the PCI-Card is recognized and working so far. But XBMC becomes no input. The first time it was working. the second moment no more. tvheadend telle me, that he is switching, but xbmc tells me no input detected.

2. the sundtek stick is not recoginzed. Only if i use the install script from http://support.sundtek.com/index.php/topic,1121.0.html. after reboot the stick is gone. how can i manage to recognize him permanent?

3. if the stick ist recognized, i go to tvheadend and try to do a search. i add dvb network by location and wait until Muxes awaiting initial scan: go to 0. But it is always stopping by the last 1 an will never come to an end.

Are you able to help me?

Best regards,

Peter

1.  You should probably ask about this at https://tvheadend.org/

2.  I would try adding the script to your go script before tvheadend is installed.

• 2 weeks later...

would someone mind compiling a plain mediatree version of 5.0 with firmwares. Now that it has finally arrived :-))

Yep, that would be great, spent a while trying to compile it myself a few RCs ago but never managed with any success.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The scripts posted a while back work a treat for me! Ill post when I recompile but I'm waiting it to be 100% compatible with the new WebGui and my plugin packages before I upgrade! :)

Yeah I tried those and it worked to an extent, just couldn't seem to get the drivers for my card into the image. (TBS DVB-T2 Quad Tuner)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Compiling a kernel is easy pops. Here are some instructions that might help you...

You'll need to download this .tar file (courtesy of ddeeds) and put it on your cache drive. Bear in mind if you choose another location you'll need amend the commands accordingly.

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B396mkxPBhWrQmRoSjU3UFhyT00&export=download

The hardest part is the make menuconfig part, just press ' / ' for search and look for TBS or whatever... Easy.

How to compile and unRAID in minutes

# Put the unRAID-dev.tar in /mnt/cache so you can cut and paste below.

cd /mnt/cache
tar xvf unRAID-dev.tar

# Install all the Development Packages needed to compile a Linux Kernel

cd /mnt/cache/.unraid-dev/dev-packages
installpkg *.t*z

# Move default linux-3.9.6p-unRAID out of the way so we can create a new one. 

mv /usr/src/linux-3.9.6p-unRAID/ /usr/src/linux-3.9.6p-unRAID_orginal
tar -C /usr/src/ -zxvf /mnt/cache/.unraid-dev/dev-packages/linux-kernel-3.9.6/linux-3.9.6.tar.gz
ln -sf /usr/src/linux-3.9.6 /usr/src/linux-3.9.6p-unRAID

# Copy over the all the unRAID stuff into our new Linux Kernel

cp -rf /usr/src/linux-3.9.6p-unRAID_orginal/* /usr/src/linux-3.9.6p-unRAID
cp -f /usr/src/linux-3.9.6p-unRAID_orginal/.config /usr/src/linux-3.9.6p-unRAID/

# Install Kernel Headers for our new Linux Kernel

installpkg /mnt/cache/.unraid-dev/dev-packages/linux-kernel-3.9.6/kernel-headers-2.6.33.4_smp-x86-1.txz

# Select the Linux Kernel Options you want compiled in the kernel or as modules

cd /usr/src/linux-3.9.6p-unRAID
make menuconfig <--- This is where you select what you want in the kernel or not. * = Compile into the kernel M = Module

# Compile Linux Kernel, Modules and install Modules into new Linux Kernel

make -j4 bzImage <--- Set -j to the number of processors you have
make -j4 modules <--- Set -j to the number of processors you have
make modules_install

# Compile new Linux Kernel to the new-bzfiles folder

cp arch/x86/boot/bzImage /mnt/cache/.unraid-dev/new-bzfiles/bzimage

# Preperation for new bzroot

rm -r /mnt/cache/.unraid-dev/bz-mod <--- Just in case, remove old directory
mkdir /mnt/cache/.unraid-dev/bz-mod
cd /mnt/cache/.unraid-dev/bz-mod

# unzip stock unRAID-5.0-rc16c bzroot into bz-mod folder

xzcat ../unRAID-5.0-rc16c/bzroot | cpio -i -d -H newc --no-absolute-filenames

# Copy any new modules you created into our new bzroot folder

rsync -av --delete /lib/modules/3.9.6p-unRAID/ /mnt/cache/.unraid-dev/bz-mod/lib/modules/3.9.6p-unRAID/

# zip bz-mod folder into bzroot and copy to new-bzfiles folder

find . | cpio -o -H newc | xz --format=lzma > /mnt/cache/.unraid-dev/new-bzfiles/bzroot