Tvheadend plugin for unRAID V5.0

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay so got past the 401 unauthorized by invoking /mnt/cache/tvheadend/.htsconfig -u nobody -g video -f -C.

I then got around this going forward by manually adding my username and password to the superuser file.

Also what xml tv grabber can I use now for ATSC in the US?  I use to use /usr/bin/tv_grab_na_dd under Ubuntu.

Kryspy

Okay so got past the 401 unauthorized by invoking /mnt/cache/tvheadend/.htsconfig -u nobody -g video -f -C.

I then got around this going forward by manually adding my username and password to the superuser file.

Also what xml tv grabber can I use now for ATSC in the US?  I use to use /usr/bin/tv_grab_na_dd under Ubuntu.

Kryspy

Great, yeah once you set up a superuser then you should be able to login without using the -C option. I was using tv_grab_na_dd under Ubuntu also but my subscription expired. Now I use mxc2xml which is free. That should work in the US. Then I use tv_grab_file to grab the xml file with tvheadend.

WW, have you added NTSC support in your builds? From the TVHeadend Wiki it is not enabled by default and needs to be done before compiling. I'd love to try this plugin out, but I would need to have analog NTSC cable support as well as QAM.

Could you send me a link where i find this information?

WW, have you added NTSC support in your builds? From the TVHeadend Wiki it is not enabled by default and needs to be done before compiling. I'd love to try this plugin out, but I would need to have analog NTSC cable support as well as QAM.

Could you send me a link where i find this information?

Here you go. It looks like there may have to be 2 versions of this plugin. One for NTSC users and one for PAL users. From what I read you either get one or the other not both, but I may have not understood it properly.

Mc2xml looks like it could be a good app for grabbing US guide data. It is a self contained linux binary that works quickly and easily. I've tested it on my Unraid box and it worked flawlessly. I don't know if the xmltv.xml file is compatible with TVHeadend yet, but it looks like a good alternative to trying to figure out xmltv for NA.
1. MEDIA tree in unRAID system - if you don't have it... it's not the problem... you can download it directly from plugin web page. By this plugin you can download bzimage and bzroot (based on 5.0-rc4 unRAID system) files with MEDIA tree and also lots of FW tuners so your system will handle all DVB tuners compatible with driver inside kernel 3.0.x or with TBS and Dvbsky brand.

Trying to give this plugin a run on my test server with a HDhomerun but I think with the 5.0rc4 I'm losing network connectivity. I assume when the MEDIA tree is installed in the plugin it messes with the kernel and the realtek nic issue comes up.

When I run 5.0rc5 r 8168 everything is fine.

How easy is it to add MEDIA tree to the 5.0rc5-r-8168. I'm fairly new to this but I'm happy hacking away.

Does anyone have any links to this?

Thanks Josh