Tvheadend plugin for unRAID V5.0

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do plan to update the TVH plugin and attempt to keep it maintained.

Whilst I'm quite familiar with TVH - I need to spend a little time tinkering with Unraid - I have installed it in a VM so I don't my live server!

Problem is that I am quite busy for the next month, so it may be a while before I get properly stuck into this. However once sorted it should be quite easy for me to keep it up to date and add new XMLTV sources etc.

DVBSky media tree detects my card, but i can't see any Muxes. My buildings SAT works fine for Sky and the cable works fine too. Any advice?

I had this problem, nearly drove me insane, its a slight bug with the version of TVHeadend. To get round it just have a look on kingofsat and manually enter the details for one of the mux's on your sat, this will kick-start TVHeadend into scanning for the rest :)

Hope it helps :)

And I would support anyone who is going to pick this up and run with it going on into new versions of TVH and Unraid! Maybe even coax influencer to run with the plugin side (if he's not too busy!), The level he has taken the plugin's have probably sold enough unraid licences!!!

Yea, but if we want to use RC6 test2 we also need a Linux 3.4.4 kernel with media enabled. I did not succeed building my own one the last time i tried because the wiki page does not describe how to unpack bzimage and bzroot files to modify them ... :-( After copying the files from the unRAID zip file it just says: Go to "/usr/src" directory, and rename the folder "linux" to "linux_original".

Yea, but if we want to use RC6 test2 we also need a Linux 3.4.4 kernel with media enabled.

Is this not already included in the media tree of the W-W plugin? or am I missing something?

All I'm looking to do is update the version of TVH used by this plugin.

Like spylex pointed out, the so called "media tree" from w-w is a compilation for RC4 and thus uses the 2.6 kernel. Since the newest RC6test2 uses 3.4.4 kernel it would be nice to have a new kernel with media support compiled. The higher the kernel number, the more drivers for tv tuners are in it :-)

The only problem is: The wiki page on this is uncomplete. I found some scripts on another wiki page, maybe i can look at them on the weekend: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Building_a_custom_kernel

OK.. understood.

I've compiled the latest TVH into a i486 txz. Will see if it hoses my system or not! (First time I used slackware in anger - more of a *buntuhead)

Next step as you say will be the kernel rebuild.

Would be good to also pull in as many firmwares as we can too. v4l usually has a good list and tevii have theirs available for download.

Is it necessary to pack the firmware files into the bzroot image or can one add it later somewhere else on the usb stick? In this case it would be simpler to just link the firmware packs so everyone can pick the file he needs. Otherwise the system gets bloated with all those files you wont need.

Just my thoughts. It all depends on whether unRaid is able to search for a firmware file outside of its bzroot filesystem...

Hi

My latest build rc6-test2 with media tree (special for TBS, but all other inlude kernel driver are compiled and many firmware's added)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49442039/unraid-rc5-test2-media-tree-TBS.zip

Im loose my test machine for compilation packages and unraid, so when im setup new one im public my script (when again write new one) to make fresh packages of tvheadend

@Spylex write to me, i  give you manual and answer on your problem, good will be if somebody will be continue topic of DVB in unraid, i dont have time and WW too, so that why there is no any updates.

Thank you! I can't wait to try this out! Where do I have to put a firmware file for my tuner if it doesn't work? Do I have to repack bzroot?

Also, can someone of you update the wiki in terms of explaining what scripts are used for unpacking/packing the bzroot file...? that would be very nice :-)

like i'm promise before - latest version from today https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49442039/tvheadend-3.1-gb5263.txz enjoy

MD5 71fa28be87f88dc39ce2c04482760cfb

and with libssl 0.9.8 - so should work without link libs

btw. if in latest build rc6-test2 with DVB support, no exist your firmware for tuner please drop here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j7xshalnqlajcgp/nReGUDpfBB

next time im add to build ;)