Tvheadend plugin for unRAID V5.0

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Almost got everything working with TVHeadEnd and UnRAID - except some HD channels missing from XMLTV.

My tv_grab_file is looking at this location to grab epg data: rytec.sifteam.eu/rytecxmltvuk.gz - and that seems to work more or less OK.

However, this file doesn't include listings for BBC One HD, Channel 4 HD and ITV1 HD (although it does have BBC HD)

I think I could do with getting data from tv_grab_uk_rt to fix the problem: http://supplement.xmltv.org/tv_grab_uk_rt/channel_ids

But I'm at the bleeding edge of my understanding and ability here ..

I'd really appreciate some help getting BBC One HD working if anyone has any tips please?

Cheers

Martin

latest unRAID rc8a

- added media three

- added some new firmwares

- support some new devices/tuners

- full support TBS tuners (all drivers)

- added libpcsclite.so.1.0.0 for oscam

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49442039/unraid-rc8a-media-tree.zip

If somebody have some request what add to image please let me know.

For some reason my unraid won't boot (can't access the web interface or telnet) when using this + the rc5 build a couple of pages back.

The rc4 build the plugin itself grabs and the official rc8a work fine with my HDHomerun Dual (although I have a TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI connected too, but it isn't picked up - which is strange since it's supported according to linuxtv.org).

EDIT: I should add that the HDHomerun doesn't actually work in rc4; TVheadend can pick up the muxes, but the signal on each of them seems to be dropping to 0% one by one and trying to watch a channel it will just error out ("- 401"). I'm looking into the issue :)

Yes im discover problem with NIC 8168/8169 but for now i dont have idea how this fix :(

(any other NIC work without any problem)

Is this a reply to me? Are you saying that all my issues are network related?

I do have problems with the 8169 that rc4 is using, but only if I stress the server. Rc8a fixed this by using 8168, so why won't your build work too? :)

Is this a reply to me? Are you saying that all my issues are network related?

No no just, yesterday don't yet know why that driver was missing

I used rc8a but im recompile kernel from normal source, i must add manual this driver(like @limetech)

im already get source of this driver and try today build new image ...

Ok new build with FIX NIC issue ;)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49442039/unraid-rc8a-media-tree-2.zip

It's working, the web ui is online, but the r8169 really screw things up for me... Could you do another one with r8168 included instead? :)

The CT-3650 is showing up now! Did you add support for it in this build? I can only access the dvb-c tuner, but that's all I need :)

None of the tuners actually work, though. I don't get why, since I know they work fine on my Win 7, same cables, same signal.

They both show the same 401 error, which google tells me is usually signal related. I know the signal is fine, but the log shows a lot of "No signal / Bad signal" messages anyway. Anyone got a clue?

EDIT: Whatever there's  supposed to be in /lib/modules/3.4.11-unRAID/extra isn't there, so the HDHomerun doesn't work (my understanding of linux is very limited ;))...

xmltv packages install, then you find it ;)

UPDATE:

latest version https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49442039/tvheadend-f26810d-i486-1_PTr.txz

Well, I did download the xmltv packages, but the tv_find_grabbers will not run. You know what this whole process desperately needs is a clear, concise write-up on what needs to be done to get things going. I'm not a total newb when it comes to *nix, but this seems really scattered and directionless. Especially considering that unRAID is only built with the bare neccessity of libraries etc.

Help?!? :)

Here's what I did thus far:

1) Downloaded the xmltv-0.5.63-i486-1_W-W(full).txz file and put it on my unRAID system.

2) Ran "installpkg xmltv-0.5.63-i486-1_W-W(full).txz" - output was that it was installed properly:

root@Angband:/boot/tvheadend_backup# installpkg xmltv-0.5.63-i486-1_W-W\(full\).txz
Verifying package xmltv-0.5.63-i486-1_W-W(full).txz.
Installing package xmltv-0.5.63-i486-1_W-W(full).txz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
Package xmltv-0.5.63-i486-1_W-W(full).txz installed.

3) Ran "tv_find_grabbers", output is:

Can't locate XMLTV/Version.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.10.0/i486-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/i486-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/i486-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at /usr/bin/tv_find_grabbers line 10.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/tv_find_grabbers line 10.

Not sure what to do from this point...

I'm struggling trying to make my own package using the guide at http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Installing_Tvheadend_in_unRAID, so I'm thinking of doing it another way:

I can probably figure out how to replace r8169 with r8168 (actually making it rc8a ;)), but adding support for the HDHomerun is beyond me.

Is it possible to just copy the contents of /lib/modules/x.x.x-unRAID/extra from the rc4 and package it with piotrasd's rc8a? Or would the fail because it's using a different kernel?

3) Ran "tv_find_grabbers", output is:

Code: [select]

Can't locate XMLTV/Version.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.10.0/i486-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/i486-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/i486-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at /usr/bin/tv_find_grabbers line 10.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/tv_find_grabbers line 10.

Not sure what to do from this point...

Yeep, just install perl and should work

I can probably figure out how to replace r8169 with r8168 (actually making it rc8a ), but adding support for the HDHomerun is beyond me.

Is it possible to just copy the contents of /lib/modules/x.x.x-unRAID/extra from the rc4 and package it with piotrasd's rc8a? Or would the fail because it's using a different kernel?

I think you should compile under this kernel

Driver are on realtek homepage ;) just compile and install then copy do extra and pack all to image file