WD15EADS Drive pending sectors but no re-allocated?

I have a 1.5T EADS drive that has been acting up.

It threw 3 UNC sector errors during the last parity check. No pending or re-allocated sectors were in the SMART report.

I cleared off the data and ran a preclear on the drive 4 times.

#1 pass - showed 3 bad sectors different than the parity check and they were detected during the post read.

#2 pass - showed 2 bad sectors same as above with the 3rd one disappearing.

#3 pass - showed 0 bad sectors.

#4 pass - remained at 0 bad sectors.

In total, I picked out 6 different bad sectors being detected. Could the drive not be reporting that these sectors were re-allocated? I'm not sure what to do with this drive now because I don't trust it but there is no reason to RMA it.

Has anyone else RMA'd a seemingly good WD and got a new one without any hassle? I can try the WD tools next I suppose but the drive appears fine at the moment so I don't expect any results to justify an RMA.

I can post the syslog from all of the above if anyone wants to see it.

I'm running on an older ECS AMD 740 chipset board with a Corsair 400W power supply and 8 x hotswap bays. About the only other issue I've had is some DMA or CRC (interface CRC errors) at one time that some new cables seemed to help. The server hasn't even been opened or moved for well over a year until I just blew the dust out of it.

When I've had problems like this I RMA'd the drive to WD and gotten a different one back.  It may be refurbished or it may be new depends on what they have on hand at the time I think.  I have RMA'd two 2TB drives to WD and gotten back 2 3TB drives in the last year and a half.  In total I've RMA'd about 15-20 WD drives.  6 to WD directly and the rest to Newegg.  Most of those to Newegg were from just 2 drives to replace.  I just kept getting bad drives from Newegg so decided a referbished drive was better then spending the cost of the drive+ in shipping to Newegg.  I'm RMAing the 3TB drives (from WD RMA) again because the NEW drives they sent me have problems.  First time for me on a RMA to WD that I've had to return the RMA'd drive.  They had 65535+ pending on pass 1, 200+ on pass 2 and 0 on pass 3 on a preclear.  I don't expect a problem but I was also having speed issues.  The preclears dropped to < 10MB/s on parts of each pass of the preclear with the last pass the fastest! 

Note the drive count above is for the last 3 or so years.  I've only returned about half that in the last year and a half.