Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Backblaze B2 and unraid?

Featured Replies

Hi,

I have now migrated from TrueNAS to Unraid, and all that remains is setting up Backblaze B2 backup. I have searched online, but it doesn’t seem as straightforward as in TrueNAS, where it was built in and Backblaze provided a clear and simple guide.

I want the backup to upload changes at least once per day and provide a clear log showing exactly how the job went.

Unraid doesn’t seem to have a built-in backup module yet, so what is the right way to set this up?

Regards

  • Author

Thanks, just installed and configured Duplicati and it seems to work great so far, but I haven’t really tried restoring data yet. How does it compare to Restic?

  • Community Expert

I cannot comment on duplicati as I’ve only used backrest.

  • 4 months later...

In case it benefits others - I was a long time duplicati user (sufferer!).

I've just moved to backrest and B2 (accessed as S3), and it is WAY better and faster. Content de-duplication, 10x faster to back up, reliable verification.

Strong recommendation to use backrest/restic and backblaze, it's the best solution I've found to date.

  • 1 month later...

Not sure how relevant this is - or if anyone is interested but.....

Rclone Plugin

I've been using restic with an rclone backend for a while to backup proxmox LXCs and I tried sharing the credentials around individual containers through a secrets manager but that never worked well as the credentials kept refreshing and it very quickly started causing issues.

MS Onedrive family account is just too cheap for 6TB storage - which is why I use rclone - to backup to the cheapest remote I've come across!

I landed on installing the rclone plugin on my unraid server, mounting an unraid share for backup data, and then syncing that dir upstream daily. This worked but has always been frustrating to deal with - some of the data was already on unraid, so an LXC copying data from unraid share, to a new unraid share to be backed up daily was counter intuitive (but worked).

Rclone Container

I've recently found that rclone has a serve method which offers direct compatibility with restic https://rclone.org/commands/rclone_serve_restic/

My container requires rclone config the same way as the plugin does, but I can now configure restic on individual servers to point to the rclone API and sidestep the need to store data on a temporary NFS share.

I'm not sure if others are aware of this config, and not sure others will find this useful.... and not sure if unraid is the right place for this config, but it works for me!

If there is interest, happy to release the container as a community plugin/ try provide more information if that's useful!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.