Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB ST2000DL003 $99.99

[sigh]...  I need an extra 2TB to move some stuff around and diagnose a slow Raid 1 array..  I looked back and I paid $80/ea for the original drives..  now 1.5 years later..  $100 is a good deal!  I'm not sure I can wait much longer for the prices to come back down!

[sigh]

:(

[shrug] at this point you are deciding on emotion not facts.  Fact is, the drives will take a long time to get back to $80 and likely that will only happen as the next "generation" of drives come on line.  6 months ago it made sense to wait because we knew prices would drop quickly (and only to a point) once production came back up..

Now ... you are putting off your needs for $20 ... if you can afford $80 today, then you can afford $100 in X days by skipping going to the bar one night, skipping one restaurant meal, or working a few extra hours (if your job permits). 

We're not talking about outfitting a brand new 30TB box here.  Do yourself a favor, stop worrying about not getting "the best deal possible" on a single drive and just be happy :)

[sigh]...  I need an extra 2TB to move some stuff around and diagnose a slow Raid 1 array..  I looked back and I paid $80/ea for the original drives..  now 1.5 years later..  $100 is a good deal!  I'm not sure I can wait much longer for the prices to come back down!

[sigh]

:(

If you're just looking to move stuff around, why not get this:

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expansion-Desktop-External-STAY3000102/dp/B0056YNA1Q

For $130, it's only about $43 per TB, which is pretty close to your $80 for 2TB drives.

Figures...  I bought one from amazon yesterday...  I would have preferred to got it from Newegg as all my other drives are from them.

Now I have to remember this one was from amazon!

Be glad you got it from Amazon as that one has a three year warranty--versus the two year warranty with the one newegg is selling.

My boyfriend picked up a 2TB from Amazon the same day they went on sell for $99.. can't beat that $99 tax free--free shipping.  He's contributing it to the unraid array :)

Make sure you guys update the firmaware to CC4H. I picked up one about a month ago from best buy. Precleared and ready as a warm spare.  8)

Model Number Part Number Capacity

ST3000DM001 9YN166 3TB

ST2500DM001 9YN16L 2.5TB

ST2000DM001 9YN164 2TB

ST1000DM003 9YN162 1TB

Previous versions of firmware with these models and part numbers are CC46, CC47, CC49, CC4C, or CC4G.

http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/223651en