Amount of CPU cores?

I built a very nice unraid server a couple weeks ago and I am very happy with it after adding in the extra plugins like sabnzbd, couchpotato, sickbeard, Plex and simple features.  The server itself is built with a bit of overkill in mind; Intel i5 3GHz quad core with 16Gb RAM.  The only problem is that when I use simple features and go to utils, system profiler and check on the CPU info, everything looks fine apart from the amount of cores used on the processor.

Version: Intel® Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz

Voltage: 1.0 V

External Clock: 100 MHz

Max Speed: 3800 MHz

Current Speed: 3109 MHz

Upgrade: Other

Serial Number: To Be Filled By O.E.M.

Asset Tag: To Be Filled By O.E.M.

Part Number: To Be Filled By O.E.M.

Core Count: 4

Core Enabled: 1

Characteristics: 64-bit capable

Im thinking that this led to my problems when trying to watch films over Ethernet using Plex Transcoding.  The film plays really well in 720 and even 1080, but when sabnzbd has to unpack a rar or move a job on the cache drive the movie stops and starts similar to YouTube buffering.  The only way to overcome this is to pause the film and wait until sabnzbd has finished using up resources then play the movie.  I'm pretty sure that a quad core should be able to handle both actions at once because I used to do the same thing from my intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz with 8GB RAM running a full graphical OS and that worked fine.  Even gone to BIOS and made sure everything is sorted ( chose super duper power user where the computer part picture was flaming because it was working so fast setting).

Is this just an error showing the amount of cores used?

Is there a way to tell unraid to use more cores if it only using one?

Could you think of any other reason this is happening?

Is there any other way to check amount of cores utilised in unraid?

Thanks in advance.

Excellent,  thanks for the reply.

Typed it in and it displayed

CPU0

CPU1

CPU2

CPU3

My chip doesn't support hyper threading so i guess all the cores are fired up.

Another question is do you know what shfs is?  It uses about 50% of my CPU and is run as root.

The film plays really well in 720 and even 1080, but when sabnzbd has to unpack a rar or move a job on the cache drive the movie stops and starts similar to YouTube buffering.  The only way to overcome this is to pause the film and wait until sabnzbd has finished using up resources then play the movie.  I'm pretty sure that a quad core should be able to handle both actions at once because I used to do the same thing from my intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz with 8GB RAM running a full graphical OS and that worked fine.  Even gone to BIOS and made sure everything is sorted ( chose super duper power user where the computer part picture was flaming because it was working so fast setting).

The 'buffering' with sabnzbd is more likely due to the drive I/O being saturated, verifying/unpacking read/writes a lot to the drive and will pretty much max it out, meaning anything else reading from the drive will unfortunately be slower (hence the buffering)

You can get around this poblem though by going into the switches option under settings and add "-c2 -n6" to the IONice settings

More info can be found here http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/configure-switches