unRAID server disappeared during heavy usage

Shortly after noon local time today, while I was using TeraCopy (high-performance batch copy utility) under Windows 7 to push a large number of large files to my unRAID server, the unRAID server disappeared off the network.

When this happened, I tried hitting both

http://tower

and

http://tower:8080

from a browser, but no luck.

The LEDs next to the network port on the unRAID box were still active, so I unplugged and replugged the cable, though I wish I wouldn't have done that, since it complicated the system log a bit.

The unRAID box itself was still alive, and I was able to log in through the console and successfully browse

/mnt/user

before putting a copy of my system log on the flash drive.

A click of the power button got me a beep, but after five minutes or so, it was still alive.  The

powerdown

console command returned immediately and didn't appear to do anything, either.  Eventually, I used the

poweroff

command, which appeared to get a lot of things stopped before the box powered itself off.

After rebooting, the unRAID server appeared on the network without anything else being rebooted or power-cycled, and was perfectly happy.

I don't see anything all that interesting in the system log, but I'm no expert yet, either.  I'd appreciate other opinions!

syslog_2012-06-20.txt

How long did you wait? I've had some rare situations where my server randomly cannot be accessed via anything but telnet. It always resolves itself in a few minutes, and I see no errors in log. This has happened maybe 3 times in ~2 years.

If it happens again, I suggest waiting 5-10 minutes before attempting to restart the server.