MonoPrice.com - Cables and SATA controllers

I headed over to monoprice.com to order some sata cables this morning and it ocurred to me that many of you may not be familiar with monoprice, the ONLY place to go when you need cables... their stuff is very high quality and priced WAY below most other places.  Try buying a 50' HDMI cable from anybody else for $54 !!  Meanwhile, I noticed this morning that they had SATA and ESATA PCIe cards, SIL chip, exactly like Newegg's $25 Rosewill cards for only $16 !!!  check 'em out!  ;)

I agree... I buy all my cables on Monoprice. HDMI, DVI, VGA, CAT5e, CAT6, ect. They're all high quality cables at some of the cheapest prices online.

Great company too. I had an HDMI switch from them that I had used for 7 or so months. But one day I tried to connect my HTPC via HDMI to the switch and I started having some problems. I contacted them and they sent me a different/newer switch (in exchange for my old one) free of charge. You don't see things like that these days.

I have nothing but praise for Monoprice.

I've bought all sorts of cables from them, HDMI, SPDIF, Component, S-VHS, SATA, CAT6

Other items External USB Floppy (handy to have around as i don't bother with floppies in my pc's), Removable drive caddies

Everything has been of really great quality.

Only once have i had an issue, i wanted short SATA cables for a reason, needed some 9" which i ordered but was sent 18"

Called them about it, and they said we will send you some out. Did not ask for the others back or anything and the correct ones arrived the next day.

In this day and age that is great customer service.

Highly recommend them to anyone.

Even sometimes even with shipping costs its cheaper than going to a local store.

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

A tip, check the shipping cost after you add each item.  That last network cable you add to your cart may make the price jump up a lot, if so then just hold off until next time you place an order (or if you really need everything you added to your cart, go and add a bunch more stuff you know you'll need in the future, just before the point that the shipping jumps up drastically again).

I can order several hdmi cables, an hdmi switcher, speaker cables, connectors, sata cables, network cables, a car charger for my iphone, plus more misc. stuff for about the price of one hdmi cable at Best Buy.  I had to get a thick 35 foot hdmi cable once, I shudder to think how much that would have cost at a retail store (if you could even find a retail store that stocked such a thing).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Yep, monoprice is great.  I buy from there all the time because they are way cheap!

Also, I've noticed recently that they are selling branded products.  It used to be everything from Monoprice was just their house brand.  They made them to order under their name.  However, the last batch of SATA cables I ordered were all branded OK Gear, which is a brand sold several places.  Also, in my last batch of ethernet cables, a couple of them were in branded bags.  So I don't think they are all house brand anymore.