[SOLVED] Possible causes for repeating parity sync errors?

Good to hear. The ~real~ SiL31332 is an older design and well used and well proven chipset. I highly suspect these bad IC's are counterfit parts coming from China, and they can counterfit almost any IC so nothing is truely safe.

Giving a parts list might have helped get pointed to the possible issues earlier.

Point well made, I've just added full system description to my signature. It would be really nice if someone could create a feature "Create support package" which would get all the critical information from the system (Unraid version, syslog, smart reports on all drives, system component list) and put it in a single zip-file. For those components which are not detectable by code, like PSU, you could ask them from the user. So an UnMenu feature with a simple form could do the trick, it would even be better if you could store the user inputted system information permanently for the next time. Haven't been around for quite some time so thing like this might even exist.

In the mean time I decided to order AOC-SASLP-MV8 with two (hopefully) forward breakout cables. I'm also preparing to upgrade to 4.7, doesn't seem to involve too much on vanilla UnRAID level but have to check which addons I have to update.

Edit: Running now UnRAID 4.7. Update was a breeze, not even a smallest hickup. Also updated UnMenu to it's latest version and installed some addons like smarthistory. I would say very nice configuration management from UnRAID and all the addon providers, nice backward compatibility and robustness  :)

• 2 months later...

Ive been having a lot of issues past several months. have replaced several drives. when i thought everything was all said and done i have all my newest drives that i replaced the failing ones with i have 173 parity errors. memtest for 24 hours passed just fine. was refered to this thread and a couple others. i very much need help with this script stuff http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/FAQ#How_To_Troubleshoot_Recurring_Parity_Errors i have no clue how to build a script or where and or what to do with it once its created. can someone please help me thanks!