September 7Sep 7 Hi,I started my server after a powerless (clean shutdown on UPS) and my cache drives are now giving me an error:Any help on clearing these errors would be appreciated. I looked at some other threads and had a hard time following what was going on.Logs attached.Thanks. tower-diagnostics-20231130-2252.zip
September 7Sep 7 Community Expert The diags you posted don't match the screenshot; the cache pool has a single NVMe device. Which one is it?
September 7Sep 7 Author Um I am not sure. I had both drives as cache for a while. When I started the server, I think it came up without the cache pool- a lot of my dockers needed to be reconfigured. I only noticed the issue when I tried to mount an external drive. I re-ran the logs.lexicon-diagnostics-20260907-1232.zip
September 7Sep 7 Community Expert This server is named lexiconm, previous diags were from a server named tower.These do have that pool, but no btrfs filesystem is being foundpost the output from btrfs fi show
September 7Sep 7 Author root@Lexicon:~# btrfs fi show Label: none uuid: 1aa29c5e-af06-4b79-9eed-27d2078e804b Total devices 1 FS bytes used 47.37GiB devid 1 size 150.00GiB used 65.52GiB path /dev/loop2 Label: none uuid: 82f6c9b0-466a-470e-b28e-d7feaa4731f1 Total devices 1 FS bytes used 1.07MiB devid 1 size 1.00GiB used 238.38MiB path /dev/loop3 warning, device 2 is missing Label: none uuid: 685bc989-ecb9-45d4-930e-6e4aee0290df Total devices 2 FS bytes used 48.48GiB devid 1 size 465.76GiB used 71.03GiB path /dev/sdf1 *** Some devices missing
September 7Sep 7 Community Expert There's a missing device, if the pool were redundant, you can try to import it degraded with the remaining one, for that:on main click on the first device for that pool and then "remove pool"back on main, create a new pool with the same name and 1 slotassign the remaining pool device (sdf), leave the filesystem set to autostart the array to import the pool and post new diags
September 8Sep 8 Community Expert The SSD appears to be failing; run an extended SMART test and post the result.
September 9Sep 9 Author See attached. I can't seam to be able to run a smart test. The button flashes but nothing runs.lexicon-smart-20260908-2207.zip
September 9Sep 9 Author But I was able to run it on the other drive I used to have in the pool: lexicon-smart-20260908-2209.zip
September 9Sep 9 Community Expert It does appear to be failing, you try try cloning it to a spare devicew, to see if it can copy enough data to rescue some:https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/page/2/#findComment-525075
September 20Sep 20 Author Sorry, I was traveling and only just got home. I don't have a spare device to test on. I don't think I need what was on the cache.The server is currently running and doing everything I need it to- all my dockers are working and my data is available. Is there any reason I shouldn't format the Samsung drive and start using it as a cash pool and look at replacing the failing drive down the road?Thanks! Edited September 20Sep 20 by steep-greeter8755
September 20Sep 20 Author OK I reformatted and added it to the pool. Same issue.lexicon-diagnostics-20260920-1111.zip
September 20Sep 20 Community Expert You should have added it to the pool then reformatted.Now that it is in the pool try formatting it.
September 20Sep 20 Community Expert Looks like you are having connection problems with that drive. In fact, I don't even see a SMART report for that device, so it must have completely disconnected. Check connections, both ends, SATA and power, including splitters.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.