September 22Sep 22 I do have a NTFS formatted USB-SSD. Whenever I plug that disk into my server, Unraid tells me this disk is part of the Array. But it is not and it never was. It's not possible to mount that disk.The only options I do have currently is to a.) Remove the partition or b.) Clear the disk c.) Change the label.I would like to mount and use that SSD without removing lines from files in /boot/config.Is there a way to tell the GUI to ignore that Array flag - wherever it comes from - and mount and use that disk without rebooting the server?Thanks in advance.
September 22Sep 22 Community Expert That is from the UD plugin, but try rebooting first, if the same post the diagnostics.
September 23Sep 23 Author Reboot is the last step I would do for a 24/7 server. Is there no way to tell Unraid/UD "You are wrong, this is not an Array Device, mount that device" ?EDIT: Seems that this is not possible. Had another USB Device in the past. That told me "Reboot" but who wants to reboot a server just to get a USB Backup Device up and running again. Did Clear that disk and did create a new Backup on that Disk. Will do that again now. IMHO there are some options missing in the UI to overrule some false assumptions. Edited September 23Sep 23 by hawihoney
September 23Sep 23 Community Expert IIRC that means the drive dropped offline at some point, but Ike mentioned this should be in the UD support thread.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.