September 22Sep 22 I just finished updating my server from 7.2.4 to 7.3.2 and ran into a weird "issue".My cache pool is showing up as degraded, and I received a notification stating that I have a missing drive in my cache pool (Crucial_CT500MX200SSD1_14520E6A2323). I had some drive errors showing up after the update for that drive (2-3 reads, 1 write) but scrubbed it and reset the stats and all is good on that front.The issue is that drive does indeed show up in my cache pool, and the other drive is a replacement drive installed last year. It appears like it never replaced the actual missing drive with the new one. My VMs and docker containers are all working fine.knight-diagnostics-20260922-1302.zip
September 22Sep 22 Community Expert Solution Keep in mind that the pool was already degraded; we were just not getting any notifications since pool monitoring is new in 7.3.To fix this, and with the the array runing typebtrfs balance start -f dconvert=single,soft mconvert=single,soft /mnt/cachewhen that's donebtrfs device remove missing /mnt/cacheThen stop the array and reimport the pool with the good device only:on main click on the first device for that pool and then "remove pool"back on main, create a new pool with the same name and 1 slotassign the pool device (sdb), leave the filesystem set to autostart the array to import the poolIf the pool mounts, stop thte array and add the other device again.
September 22Sep 22 Author 1 hour ago, JorgeB said:Keep in mind that the pool was already degraded; we were just not getting any notifications since pool monitoring is new in 7.3.Figured that it was something I missed back in the day and never noticed it. For any future visitors (or more likely myself when I mess this up again), the correct command is :btrfs balance start -f -dconvert=single,soft -mconvert=single,soft /mnt/cache
September 23Sep 23 Community Expert 11 hours ago, Psycho said:the correct command is :Yep, sorry about that
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.