September 22Sep 22 This is a newer issue for me and I havent been able to complete a parity check in quite some time because of this, I have no other crashes or locks while its operating normally. I mainly use this server as a media server for plex, and have had it running without issues for about 2 years now. Over time I have slowly added more and more drives, currently have 10 16TB drives in total, with one being a parity disk, running on a unique CWWK Intel N100 cpu/board. Its not the most powerful but I have been able to complete parity checks in about 1.5 days every time, up until a few months ago I started to get hard locks when trying to perform a parity check. Syslog-prev does not really point to anything obvious, I thought maybe as I have been increasing in total storage being available and used, its putting more strain on the system and so I have tried to shut down all docker containers and run and that seems to have the best results but still around 70% complete it hardlocked on me. If all dockers are running then it only makes it to about 7-9%, I just tested the ram and I did have two errors pop up with bit flip and walking zeroes failing at a specific address, so perhaps my memory stick is starting to fail? I will clean and reseat the memory, I have it running in its default speed of 4800mt so its not overclocked or running xmp. I just dont know what else it could be at this point, or why its tough to narrow down this issue and why its so random. By Hardlock I mean the system is still on, still has power but no longer shows up on tailscale, is not accessible locally, nothing. tower-diagnostics-20260922-1858.zip
September 23Sep 23 Community Expert You shouldn't even try to run any computer unless memory is working perfectly. Everything goes through RAM, the OS and other executable code, your data, everything. The CPU can't do anything with anything until it is loaded into RAM.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.