Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Assistance with "Out of Memory" error: Diagnostics log attached

Featured Replies

I ran into an "Out of Memory" error notification around 4:40 AM by the Fix Common Problems plugin, and am unsure what the root cause is. I previously ran into this error a few days ago around the same time, but was unable to capture log files due to not having a log server set up at the time. I've attached the logs, and any help in identifying what is leading to the issue would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.nas-diagnostics-20260926-0752.zip

Edited by Oublieux

  • Community Expert

Your logs show three out-of-memory events where the kernel stopped Plex Transcoder:

- September 25 at 06:05:39

- September 26 at 00:20:24

- September 26 at 06:55:04

These are the server’s log times. Each time, that single process used approximately 11.1–11.7 GiB of your 16 GiB RAM.

Check what Plex was anything playing at those times, if there was no playback, check your scheduled maintenance settings. Plex can generate video preview thumbnails during scheduled maintenance, though these logs do not confirm that task caused the problem.

As an isolation test, temporarily stop Plex overnight when it is not needed and check for new out-of-memory events. An existing warning can still refer to the earlier failures. If another event occurs, collect fresh diagnostics before rebooting.

  • Author

Thank you @JorgeB . Nothing is indeed playing at that time, but it occurred to me that I added a Music library for the first time a few days ago, and also enabled "Sonic Analysis". This is being run as one of the scheduled tasks from 12 AM - 6 AM, and I believe this is what is hording the RAM. I'm going to be testing if I still get this error over the next few days after disabling "Sonic Analysis". I appreciate the help!

  • Author

Confirming that Sonic Analysis was the culprit. I’ve read that it’s heavy on CPU so the RAM usage being high is curious. I’ll be looking into Plex logs to further narrow down the issue, but in the meantime, this was the reason for the OOM.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.