Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Issues with internal boot setup

Featured Replies

I decided to switch from my USB boot to try the internal boot. I used the wizard and made an installation SSD. However when I restarted the computer it still boots from the USB. I tried removing it but the BIOS isn't detecting the internal boot HD so I can't make the computer boot from it.

I thought maybe it was an error with the installation wizard for the internal boot but the same thing happened again. If I unmount the SSD afterwards, it has the EFI and boot file information but for some reason the BIOS won't detect the drive to boot from it.

Not sure what information may be helpful for troubleshooting this.

  • Community Expert

Do you mean BIOS doesn't see drive at all, or it just won't boot from it?

  • Author

BIOS doesn't see the drive at all. I assume since it can't see it, it can't boot from it.

  • Community Expert

That’s very odd that it can’t see the drive at all. But yes your assumption is correct. If the drive doesn’t appear in the BIOS, it won’t boot.

  • Community Expert

The drive maybe attached to a controller bios does not know how to handle it.

So the drive may only become visible if UNRAID boots up and loads a needed driver.

Try to move the drive to an internal controller and try again.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.