Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Drive in "Unmountable: wrong or no file system" status, lost data, docker containers gone.

Featured Replies

I've had a catastrophic series of events happen on my server and i'm looking for any help to fix the situation.

I was setting up a torrent docker to use an unassigned drive to be able to thrash on without bothering the rest of the array when the system crashed on me. I come to find a sata power splitter had gone bad (feeding this unassigned drive and the now unmountable one) and I assume that's where the crash came from(?). Anyway, one of the drives is now in Unmountable: wrong or no file system status. I do have missing files, mostly movies and tv shows. However my docker containers also disappeared and in the process to find a fix for that I learn my boot usb is corrupt. I restore from a recent backup and I can rebuild the dockers as the folders are still in appdata, some just need reconfiguring specific settings.

My big ask is if there is a fix for this situation on my drive in the array and hopefully get the data back? I attached the most recent diagnostics from the incident. I know it's a few weeks ago but I've been traveling and working and have had no meaningful time to sit and work on this situation. I've tried finding guides, help, walkthroughs, and even consulted claude to see if it could find something i could otherwise not. Nothing so far has been useful for this situation I'm in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Even just being pointed in the right direction.

Thanks!

phoenix-diagnostics-20260908-1232.zip

Unhelpfully I can say that I had the same issue early this year and I just bit the bullet and reinitialized the drive. I knew it would only take me an hour or two to get back to where I had it though. I personally found that error to be a bit unusual (What does it mean "wrong"? How did it disappear"? I never found out). Maybe you can mount the drive from the command line and get the files off it. If the file system is broken, maybe it can be repaired. I'm not very familiar with that but a quick Google tells me that may be unsound advice with btrfs. YMMV but worth investigating. If it mounts your problem might be solved. Cache drives aren't encrypted IIRC so at least you don't have to deal with LUKS.

I probably wouldn't spend a ton of time on it though. In future, its worth having backups of the critical Docker configs on-array.

  • Community Expert

Can't tell anything about which disks may be unmountable because the array wasn't started when the diagnostics were taken.

Start the array in normal (not maintenance) mode and post new diagnostics.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.