user share: "not accessible. You might not have permission.."?

When I enable user level share security, I keep getting the message "\\Tower\sharename is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource." when I enter the correct credentials in Windows 7.

I have tried enabling local master (and rebooted both Unraid server and the client Windows PC).

I have tried creating a different Unraid user name and password.

I have tried turning off the Windows firewall.

The workgroup names are the same.

I'm using 4.7 Pro.

Any ideas?

Update: I believe the answer lied in the second part of the Windows error message: "Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same server, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again."

I restarted the array, and made sure that I accessed the shares using only one username only. Then the problem seemed to go away. (I had a problem accessing one of the shares which gave the error message "An expected network error occured" which went away only after I logged out the client from Windows and back in)

• 2 years later...

I upgraded to version 5.0.6. Problem came back and I can't fix it. The user shares are not accessible unless I use the public setting now.

Any ideas?

Have you tried going into the Windows Credentials Manager and clearing all entries for the unRAID server?

Have you tried going into the Windows Credentials Manager and clearing all entries for the unRAID server?

There were no entries there related to Unraid server.

I also tried running the New Permissions script again, and also deleting and re-adding the user name, but they did not work (this is now Windows 8 instead of Windows 7).