Which SATA controller card to use (PCIe 3.0). System to have 20 HDD

Hi

im in the process of building my parts list, and i started with selecting Intel i7-3770S as my CPU.  With this selection, I can go with PCIe 3.0 cards.

Which PCIe 3.0 cards are available and tested?

Thanks

P/S. the system will be built, and in mind of a maximum of 20 HDD.

Since you've invested in the CPU and your going with a 20 drive system I assume your going with a premium enclosure/case?  What is your plan?

if I was to think along those lines I would get premium controller too. But your good to go with the Supermicro HBA or OEM LSI card flashed to IT mode. 

well, i'm rethinking my design by now, since i want to keep the cost as low as possible.

For now, i just want to run unRAID, with as much as possible add-ons.  What is the minimum good configuration you recommend? i prefer Intel

Can't go wrong with X9SCM with i3 and 8 Gig RAM.  That's going to run you ~ $180 for the board, $125 for chip and memory is about $100. Then you can build from there. You want to look at a 650w or better modular power supply. The rest is a egg hunt. 

Can't go wrong with X9SCM with i3 and 8 Gig RAM.  That's going to run you ~ $180 for the board, $125 for chip and memory is about $100. Then you can build from there. You want to look at a 650w or better modular power supply. The rest is a egg hunt.

Even with continuous downloading via sabnzbd,  and running couchpotato and sickbeard?

I literally will be downloading continuously.  so there will be a lot of par and raring.

Archived