Unraid with No-Ip DNS service

Yes my router is performing NAT, but I have only port fw, 9000 and 81. One for Squeezebox server and other for web server. My Unraid does not have a public IP, my router has. which is redirected to a service (squeezebox or webserver) via 9000 or 81 port on Unraid internal ip (192.168.x.y).

I'll assume that you mean 80, and not 81, as that's what the webserver listens on.

But are you certain about that:

My log has this entry ...

Jul 11 06:19:05 SamTower sshd[7799]: Failed password for root from 183.59.9.150 port 55596 ssh2

does this mean there was a unauthorized attempt ....

That shows that port 22 is also forwarded.

Cheers.

Yes my router is performing NAT, but I have only port fw, 9000 and 81. One for Squeezebox server and other for web server. My Unraid does not have a public IP, my router has. which is redirected to a service (squeezebox or webserver) via 9000 or 81 port on Unraid internal ip (192.168.x.y).

I'll assume that you mean 80, and not 81, as that's what the webserver listens on.

But are you certain about that:

My log has this entry ...

Jul 11 06:19:05 SamTower sshd[7799]: Failed password for root from 183.59.9.150 port 55596 ssh2

does this mean there was a unauthorized attempt ....

That shows that port 22 is also forwarded.

Cheers.

No its 81, and I am talking about this web server ...

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=19508.0

It specifically states not to use 80. Port 80 anyhow should never be fw.

Port 22 was fw yes initially and I did realise by getting this statement and have stopped it now.

I will probably go for a hardware SSL VPN device to have complete secure access and control of my Unraid over Internet ....