jangjong's Subsonic (4.8) Plugin

mine seems stuck on the previous version..

could it have something to do with the extract code?  it downloads the stable version, but extracts the wrong one...

if [[ "$USE_BETA" == "0" ]]; then
                echo "Installing Subsonic 4.7..."
                wget http://unraid-subsonic-plugin.googlecode.com/files/subsonic
-4.7-standalone.tar.gz -q -nc -P /boot/packages/
                tar --keep-newer-files -zxf /boot/packages/subsonic-4.6-standalo
ne.tar.gz -C "$SUBSONIC_HOME" >/dev/null 2>&1
        else
                tar --keep-newer-files -zxf /boot/packages/subsonic-4.7.beta3-st
andalone.tar.gz -C "$SUBSONIC_HOME" >/dev/null 2>&1
        fi

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mine seems stuck on the previous version..

could it have something to do with the extract code?  it downloads the stable version, but extracts the wrong one...

if [[ "$USE_BETA" == "0" ]]; then
                tar --keep-newer-files -zxf /boot/packages/subsonic-4.6-standalo
ne.tar.gz -C "$SUBSONIC_HOME" >/dev/null 2>&1
        else
                tar --keep-newer-files -zxf /boot/packages/subsonic-4.7.beta3-st
andalone.tar.gz -C "$SUBSONIC_HOME" >/dev/null 2>&1
        fi

You're right. I accidently uploaded the wrong one lol

Updated the op. Please try 4.1

This works on unraid5 r5?

Yes it does. I'm using this plugin on Unraid 5 r5

Cool, Thanks I supposed it will co-exists with influencer's plugins and simplefeatures webgui and stuff? Coz before after installing all of those plugin i tried installing the ssh plugin and all of my binaries gets deleted. Don't want to happen again

• 2 weeks later...

Hi jangjong, thank you for doing such a great job with this plugin.

I would like to post few feature requests, that should not be too hard to implement (I hope).

1. Data directory to be moved elsewere, so that Subsonic could be installed on /usr/local/ and data kept on cache drive (like in Influencer's plugins). Could that be achieved by setting SUBSONIC_HOME variable?

2. Move log file to /var/log, by creating subsonic-writable directory and setting $LOG variable in subsonic.sh

That would allow my cache drive to spin down while not used, but for now subsonic prevents it.

Thanks,

Paxel.

Hi jangjong, thank you for doing such a great job with this plugin.

I would like to post few feature requests, that should not be too hard to implement (I hope).

1. Data directory to be moved elsewere, so that Subsonic could be installed on /usr/local/ and data kept on cache drive (like in Influencer's plugins). Could that be achieved by setting SUBSONIC_HOME variable?

2. Move log file to /var/log, by creating subsonic-writable directory and setting $LOG variable in subsonic.sh

That would allow my cache drive to spin down while not used, but for now subsonic prevents it.

Thanks,

Paxel.

Sorry for the late reply. I've been busy with some stuff lately.

I am already using SUBSONIC_HOME in my plugin.. but i will see what it will take to separate out the installation and the data folder.

Also, instead of moving the whole log file to /var/log, I'm going to see if i can make it so users can set it on themselves.

I don't think it should be under /var/log since it gets removed when I reboot the system..or i think that's how unraid works.

so giving them option to put where ever they want may be better

I can't promise when this will be done.. but i will definitely look into it.

Wow amazingly quick work, I will check it out. The main difference that I know about is there no limitations as I think there are in subsonic free version.  Thanks again

Oh Okay.

Well let me know how it works for you. If it's working okay, I'm going to add it to the original post.

hey jangjong, firstly big apology for not getting back to you sooner, when i put in the request for the plugin i was in the middle of ordering parts for my unraid system, its now up and running and so far the supersonic plugin you created is working well.

just to add to your question regards the difference between subsonic and supersonic, supersonic has no 30 day limit as its a fork of subsonic without any licencing, enjoying my music anywhere :-)

thanks!.

binhex.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I installed the plugin. My music is stored on folders under a share called "Music". When I try to set the folder in Subsonic (mnt/user/Music) I have Always "Folder non found". Where I'm wrong?

Thank's

The path should be (/mnt/user/Music)

Do you have / in front of mnt?

also make sure if the folder name is capitalized or not.

jangjong,

firstly, thanks for the awesome plug-in, it quite literally is changing my listening habits worldwide ;-)

have you considered including http://dilerium.se/musiccabinet/ in your plugin to add the the awesomeness of this great tool?

it requires PostgreSQL.

thanks!

air_marshall

I tried it out.. and there are few issues with it.

It's not really like an add-on of Subsonic, it seems more like a custom build of subsonic (Similar to SuperSonic)..which means even if Subsonic gets updated, you'll have to wait for this developer to update this build..

However, it seems like you have to have Subsonic configured first in order to use this.. which doesnt make sense to me...

and the way it gets installed.. it looks like it overwrites the configuration and maybe even the db itself, so the user configuration may change after trying to install this..

( i should probably do more testing on this )

Another minor issue i found.. was that it only has one theme available. so you're stuck with whatever is on the screen shot..

I probably need to do more testing to make the decision.. but it doesnt seem so good so far.

I've been trying to get subtitles working with Subsonic for a while and was constantly running into issues.  However, I JUST got this to work and thought other might appreciate this capability as well.

To start, I found this link on the Subsonic forums that mentioned to use Mplayer/mencoder to do this.  I had to change a few things here and there to actually get it to work, but here are the steps I took.

1) You need to download the mencoder dependcy packages and install all of them: http://www.bibliognome.com/mencoder-packages.zip

2) Next, install Mplayer (which includes mencoder).  I started with the Mplayer package at the Alien slackware builds site, but it apparently didn't include x264.  So I had to rebuild it with x264 enabled.  I've uploaded this package here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1s8ux6qvoulstvn/MPlayer-custom20110624-i486-1alien.tgz

3) You will need to create an output directory called "pipes" somewhere.  I chose to put it in the subsonic install dir (mine is at /mnt/cache/.subsonic):

mkdir --mode=777 /mnt/cache/.subsonic/pipes

3) The file that picks up the .srt file and then transcodes it is here: mencoder_hook.pl

You will need to open that file and edit one line to make sure it points to the proper pipes directory that you created in the previous step:

my $pipe = sprintf("/mnt/cache/.subsonic/pipes/%04d.mencoder", int(rand(10000)));

Save this file to your "transcode" directory in your subsonic install directory.  You also need to make sure it is executable:

chmod +x /mnt/cache/.subsonic/transcode/mencoder_hook.pl

4) After installing that, you need to link the mencoder executable to the transcode directory. 

ln -s /usr/bin/mencoder /mnt/cache/.subsonic/transcode/

5) You will also need to make sure you have a font that mencoder can use to display the subtitles.  I did the following to find a font on my system:

find /usr/ | grep ttf

Which pointed me to some fonts in the java install.  Whatever you choose to use, you need to link it to "/usr/share/mplayer/subfont.ttf" by doing the following:

mkdir -p /usr/share/mplayer
ln -s /usr/lib/java/lib/fonts/LucidaSansRegular.ttf /usr/share/mplayer/subfont.ttf

6) Now, everything is setup on Unraid, it's time to change things up in Subsonic.  I'm going under the assumption that you do NOT want subtitles on for every file you watch in subtitles, but instead want it to only be on when you choose it to be.

Go to "Settings" and the "Transcoding" and enter in the following on a new line:

Name: subs

Convert from: avi mpg mpeg mp4 m4v mkv mov wmv ogv divx m2ts

Convert to: flv

Step 1: mencoder_hook.pl %o %s %bk %w %h

Uncheck the box for "enable this transcoding for all existing and new players" and then hit "Save".

Then, go to "Players" and clone one of the players.  Rename the cloned player to "subs" and then under "Active Transcoding" uncheck everything except "subs".  Hit save.

7) Finally, the true test.  Go to a movie file you want to watch, switch to the "subs" player, and see if things work.  If you have issues, go to the subsonic log and copy/paste the mencoder command into a command window and see what errors you get back (that's how I figured out most of the problems as I set this up).

8) One caveat, the transcode directory is overwritten every time you restart, so you'll want to add the following to your "go" script to make sure things are setup properly:

installpkg /boot/packages/mencoder-packages/*
installpkg /boot/packages/MPlayer-custom20110624-i486-1alien.tgz
ln -s /usr/bin/mencoder /mnt/cache/.subsonic/transcode/
mkdir -p /usr/share/mplayer
ln -s /usr/lib/java/lib/fonts/LucidaSansRegular.ttf /usr/share/mplayer/subfont.ttf
cp /boot/scripts/mencoder_hook.pl /mnt/cache/.subsonic/transcode/
chmod +x /mnt/cache/.subsonic/transcode/mencoder_hook.pl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure what happened to Subsonic but it no longer starts. Been using this for a while without issues and it won't start at all. No pid is being created.; /var/run/subsonic is empty. Looks like it is no longer downloading and extracting Subsonic on install.

I'm going to guess that you have updated it to the latest unraid rc and ran the new permission app.

Not too sure why, but when you run the new permission app, it changes the permission for subsonic.sh and ffmpeg..

I should probably edit the plg to fix the permisison automatically.. but quick fix is..

[*]Telnet into your unraid machine

[*]Navigate to your subsonic installation folder

[*]Run "chmod +x subsonic.sh"

[*]Then navigate to 'transcode' folder in your subsonic installation folder

[*]Run "chmod +x ffmpeg"

This will fix the issue.

Not sure what happened to Subsonic but it no longer starts. Been using this for a while without issues and it won't start at all. No pid is being created.; /var/run/subsonic is empty. Looks like it is no longer downloading and extracting Subsonic on install.

I'm going to guess that you have updated it to the latest unraid rc and ran the new permission app.

Not too sure why, but when you run the new permission app, it changes the permission for subsonic.sh and ffmpeg..

I should probably edit the plg to fix the permisison automatically.. but quick fix is..

[*]Telnet into your unraid machine

[*]Navigate to your subsonic installation folder

[*]Run "chmod +x subsonic.sh"

[*]Then navigate to 'transcode' folder in your subsonic installation folder

[*]Run "chmod +x ffmpeg"

This will fix the issue.

That was the problem. Thanks for the quick fix. You are correct that running new permissions changed both files to mode 666 instead of 777. Not sure why they were changed this time. They were never changed on previous run of new permissions.

Thanks again for helping me.

Hi Jangjong

I'm getting

HTTP ERROR: 503

SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

RequestURI=/