jangjong's Subsonic (4.8) Plugin

hi jangjong,

i just wanted to say that your plugin has transformed my music listening experience and given me the freedom listen to my music, when and how i want it. my wife loves it too and we both really appreciate the work you put into this piece of software.

keep up the great work and thanks!  ;D

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi jangjong,

i just wanted to say that your plugin has transformed my music listening experience and given me the freedom listen to my music, when and how i want it. my wife loves it too and we both really appreciate the work you put into this piece of software.

keep up the great work and thanks!  ;D

Ohhhhh boy. that is awesome! It's always good to hear that someone is using my plug in well

I apology that I havent been able to add any new features (separate data folder and app folder) or minor bug fix (permission issue when the new permission tool has been run)..

These are definetly on my to do list... but I am not going to lie.. I have been lazy lol

and i recently switched to esxi, so i actually have a separate vm that hosts Subsonic.. which means i dont even use this plug in for myself anymore :(

but don't worry, i will still try my best to support it and improve it.

Hi guys,

Having a problem with flac not playing at all.  No errors in the log just no sound from the web.  The iPhone app works fine.  Any ideas what's up?

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=21356.msg219768#msg219768

Try this.

Yeah I saw that post earlier.  I did do that and still no sound.

On a side note, do you know how to import a user database into a new Subsonic install?  I am trying to move over to your plugin from my normal install but don't want to lose everyone I've shared it with.

On a side note, do you know how to import a user database into a new Subsonic install?  I am trying to move over to your plugin from my normal install but don't want to lose everyone I've shared it with.

Is it just flac you're having the problem with? are you able to play any videos or mp3's fine?

did you try any other flac files to see if it's all flacs that you cant play?

and about that user database.. i have no clue. sorry. you might have to ask over at subsonic forum.

Is it just flac you're having the problem with? are you able to play any videos or mp3's fine?

did you try any other flac files to see if it's all flacs that you cant play?

and about that user database.. i have no clue. sorry. you might have to ask over at subsonic forum.

damn, yours is working!  after a reboot and removing my subsonic from the go script, it's working!

Thank you!

Now to find out how to import my user database :)

EDIT:

here's how: http://forum.subsonic.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9214&p=38998&hilit=user+settings#p38998

Hello all.

I am trying to install the Supersonic plugin that jangjong was kind enough to provide (supersonic-4.7b1-1.0jj.plg). Can someone explain how to install this to my cache drive?  I was hoping it was as simple as saving the PLG file to:

/mnt/cache/plugins/supersonic-4.7b1-1.0jj.plg

And then running:

installplg /mnt/cache/plugins/supersonic-4.7b1-1.0jj.plg

However, this still installed Supersonic to /boot/config/plugins/supersonic

TIA for the help!!!

John

Hello all.

I am trying to install the Supersonic plugin that jangjong was kind enough to provide (supersonic-4.7b1-1.0jj.plg). Can someone explain how to install this to my cache drive?  I was hoping it was as simple as saving the PLG file to:

/mnt/cache/plugins/supersonic-4.7b1-1.0jj.plg

And then running:

installplg /mnt/cache/plugins/supersonic-4.7b1-1.0jj.plg

However, this still installed Supersonic to /boot/config/plugins/supersonic

TIA for the help!!!

John

First of all.. All plg files need to be under '/boot/config/plugins/' directory in order for unraid to install them automatically when boot.

This DOES NOT mean it's installing the plugin on the flash drive.

it's just that plg file needs to be in '/boot/config/plugins'

See this: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Install_plugins

Also: https://github.com/Influencer/UNplugged/wiki/How-to-Install-Plugins

plg files are not actually the plug-in itself. It's just a script that helps you install pkgs and settings automatically.

So, What actually gets stored in /boot/config/plugins/supersonic is just the setting for the plug in file.

You will notice that when you first install the plg file, there are only couple files in "/boot/config/plugins/supersonic". Obviously that is not enough to run Supersonic

If you want to install this in your cache drive, you can set up the installation directory to be something different in the web gui (after installing the plg file that is)

This is how all plugins for unraid (5.x) works.

Upgraded to RC11, haven't run permissions since RC10, and now I can't get subsonic to start. I've even tried the quickfix on the previos page (twice) and still no go.

Any logs or info I can pull to help resolve this one?

Same issue. Upgraded from 5RC8a to 5RC11. I tracked it down to the command

sudo -u nobody ./subsonic.sh

returning

sudo: command not found

Not sure why it would fail now since plugin worked before the upgrade.

total 30818
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users     3072 2012-09-08 03:38 Getting\ Started.html
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users    35819 2012-09-08 03:38 LICENSE.TXT
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users      540 2012-09-08 03:38 README.TXT
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users      184 2013-02-07 08:52 db/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users      184 2012-09-18 10:39 jetty/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users      120 2012-05-13 23:26 lucene/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users      184 2012-07-11 15:00 lucene2/
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 10801885 2012-09-11 15:51 subsonic-booter-jar-with-dependencies.jar
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users     1081 2012-09-08 03:38 subsonic.bat
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users    18606 2013-02-07 03:05 subsonic.log
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users        6 2012-07-07 21:15 subsonic.pid
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users     1102 2013-02-07 03:05 subsonic.properties
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users     5093 2013-02-07 11:19 subsonic.sh*
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 20603945 2012-09-11 15:51 subsonic.war
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users    25223 2013-02-07 08:52 subsonic_sh.log
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users      384 2012-10-22 20:34 thumbs/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users       72 2013-02-07 11:19 transcode/

**Edit

Just installed the new plg, still the same issue it seems. It's just hung up on "Starting Subsonic..." and nothing's happening.

Will try the new plg in a second.

Your issue might be a bit different than others.. hmm..

did you install any new plg lately that uses java?

You can also try this and see if it throws some error:

Navigate to the subsonic installation directory..

run this

See if this throws any errors.

Same issue. Upgraded from 5RC8a to 5RC11. I tracked it down to the command

returning

sudo: command not found

Not sure why it would fail now since plugin worked before the upgrade.

Your issue should be fixed with the new version of the plugin.. let me know if it fixes it so i can update the OP

Lets see, upgraded to RC11, updated all of my Unplugged plugins (Sab, Sickbeard, Couch Potato, transsmission), updated Plex, Dropbox (which I've since removed) and all work well. I'm fairly certain none of those use Java, but I could be wrong. All of those apps are starting and working well.

Typing in:

Only does this:

root@Helios:/mnt/user/Apps/Subsonic# sudo -u nobody ./subsonic.sh
sudo: ./subsonic.sh: command not found
root@Helios:/mnt/user/Apps/Subsonic# 

Yea. it's permission issue. When you just type in './subsonic.sh' you're running it as root.. but when you're using the web gui, you're trying to run it as nobody.

Real quick fix is going to be running it as root under the webgui, but i really dont recommend that. and subsonic doesnt recommend it either.

so, lets try this now:

Navigate to the install dir of subsonic.

Run this

chmod 0777 ./subsonic.sh

I used to run things as root, then realized the horrid idea that was. This is also when I first built the server.

Anyways, ran chmod on the file no problem (little too used to doing that with unRaid) but "sudo -u nobody ./subsonic.sh" gives the "command not found" bit.

Even with the permissions being set to 0777, it's still not starting from the webGUI.