jangjong's Subsonic (4.8) Plugin

Yes I downloaded the plugin into the folder, and ran as per OP. not sure why I got the error, but I wanted to try this application for my music get it setup and going. When it is installed properly will it appear in the settings tab like plex does ?

I tried again to be sure, did a reboot too... I ran :

root@UnRAID:~# installplg /boot/config/plugins/subsonic-4.8-6.0jj.plg

And get the same error. The plg is in ....

\\UNRAID\flash\config\plugins\subsonic-4.8-6.0jj.plg

Can you open the plg file that you downloaded in a note pad? is it empty?

delete the plg file and start over.

just run these line by line:

cd /boot/config/plugins/
wget --no-check-certificate https://unraid-subsonic-plugin.googlecode.com/files/subsonic-4.8-6.0jj.plg
install subsonic-4.8-6.0jj.plg

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here I copied everything from the .plg to notepad.txt as attachment so you can check it out

and yes I have replaced the file previously, have a look when you get a chance, thx buddy :-)

This does not look right.

please delete the plg file and run commands i suggested in the previous post

That's the plg I got from the OP, so should I run the older plg (4.7) ? I will run the command suggested but with this plg or the older one ?

Your plg is either corrupted or not sure how it was downloaded. it contains some characters that i didnt write.

just delete that one and run my 3 command lines.

wget --no-check-certificate https://unraid-subsonic-plugin.googlecode.com/files/subsonic-4.8-6.0jj.plg

this line downloads the plg for you, which i have in my 3 command lines

no need to install 4.7 first.

just delete what you have, and run my command lines

cd /boot/config/plugins/

installplg /boot/config/plugins/subsonic-4.8-6.0jj.plg

----FINISH----

success

file /var/log/plugins/subsonic: successfully wrote INLINE file contents

plugin successfully installed

root@UnRAID:/boot/config/plugins#

Seemed to work, perhaps add to OP

Seems very slow however when you click on different sections in the GUI :-/ Trying to figure out a way to get album art going and applied.

I find every once and awhile the subsonic server just stops responding , you have to stop it from running and restart it ... any way to fix this ?

So for fun, I stop subsonic, then stop my array, and it has issues unmounting shares

Stop AVAHI...Stop SMB...Spinning up all drives...Sync filesystems...Retry unmounting user share(s)...Retry unmounting user share(s)...

will do that non-stop, i physically have to hard power down the server which is not generally a good thing.

Is there anyway to mount the disk rather then mount the share ?

EDIT: I have left subsonic up for 1 day playing non-stop, no issues to report thus far, thank you jangjong !

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm new to unraid, trying out the free version to see how I like it as a replacement

for Amahi 6. See nice, but Subsonic needs to work. So far I can't get it to work.

Short version is that I can install subsonic-4.8-6.0jj.plg, which ends with "Success"

but when I enable the Subsonic app in Settings, I see an error on the monitor I

still have connected to the server, that it can find /boot/config/plugins/subsonic/subsonic.sh

and the app never starts.

Is this by any chance because I'm don't have a cache drive?

jeff

Oddly, this didn't work at all when I used my Win7 machine to DL the plugin, remove the ".txt" from the file, and install. However, when I used the wget, then installed from a telnet session to my server, it worked like a champ!

Been using Subsonic for years streaming of my Windows machines, now I can remove a step in the process.

Thanks so much, jangjong! 

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick question/feature request. All of my video files are stored in rar files. Does this package support streaming directly from rar files? I know it is possible, i remember looking into it on the subsonic forums. Currently I dont have subsonic on my unraid server, but I am looking to move it there, and this would be something to definitely make me do it sooner than later.

EDIT: Never mind. i just read that it is no longer going to be supported.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I am pretty sure 4.9 is the current version, and its there.

Here are the install instructions I used.

cd /boot/config
mkdir plugins
cd plugins
wget --no-check-certificate http://unraid-madsonic-plugin.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/subsonic-4.9-1.0.plg
installplg subsonic-4.9-1.0.plg

Anyone got subsonic running on unraid 6?

I am also interested in this, would love to move to Unraid 6 but need my subsonic!!

Anyone have luck running subsonic (jangjong or madsonic) on unraid 6?

Thanks,

The Capt.

• 4 weeks later...

cd /boot/config
mkdir plugins
cd plugins
wget --no-check-certificate http://unraid-madsonic-plugin.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/subsonic-4.9-1.0.plg

yep it is the current version (if we disregard early beta's)

installed it today as an update to my long used v4.8

all went smooth and it is running so far without any noticeable bugs.

thanx to madsonic as well for doing the gruntwork to make it available.

cheers, L

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Funny how this thread started 2 years ago with jangjong noting that the original author was no longer supporting the subsonic plug-in, and now jangjong seems to have stopped supporting this one...    :-\

cd /boot/config
mkdir plugins
cd plugins

yep it is the current version (if we disregard early beta's)

installed it today as an update to my long used v4.8

all went smooth and it is running so far without any noticeable bugs.

thanx to madsonic as well for doing the gruntwork to make it available.

cheers, L

Did you uninstall the 4.8 plug-in before running that, did you just stop it, or does the new install uninstall the old version automatically.

Also, I noticed that within the last few days (I think...) version 5.0 available. Any chance you might be able to update it for that version?

• 2 months later...