jangjong's Subsonic (4.8) Plugin

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Working for me as well, thanks a lot for the quickfix. Any idea what RC11 did to disrupt the original plg?

No clue. because it was working fine for me when I upgraded to RC11.

I know the new permission tool changes permissions.. but since I was not able to replicate it.. i don't have an answer for you.

I can't for the life of me get flac files to play either through subsonic web or my isub iphone app. The files play fine in vlc over the network external to subsonic. I'm using subsonic-4.7-5.1jj.plg and I deleted the /boot/config/plugins/subsonic folder and reinstalled, and also deleted the subsonic install folder that was on my cache drive and tried starting over. Still no go. I"m really no sure where to go from here. I had tried the 2 step transcode earlier and that didn't work for me either. I'm not sure what else to try.

EDIT: I just ran across this but googling didn't help me much

[2/22/13 12:02:27 AM EST]	DEBUG	InputStreamReaderThread	(/mnt/cache/.apps/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) [flac @ 0x807b8f0] invalid frame header
[2/22/13 12:02:27 AM EST]	DEBUG	InputStreamReaderThread	(/mnt/cache/.apps/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) [flac @ 0x807b8f0] decode_frame() failed
[2/22/13 12:02:27 AM EST]	DEBUG	InputStreamReaderThread	(/mnt/cache/.apps/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) Error while decoding stream #0.0

EDIT 2: Ok I tried 2 step again and I can stream to iSub now on my iPhone. So that works for now. Still nothing coming from the web though. http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=17092.msg172502#msg172502

And I verified ffmpeg is 0.8.11, LAME 32bits version 3.99.5

Hi Pinion,

You should not have to do 2 step transcode with my subsonic plug in.

That was from the older subsonic plugin from another user. I had fixed this with my plugin, and i actually can't tell you if it would work with my plugin or not

Please set the transcode setting back to the default.

I know you said you tried reinstalling again.. but please try it again.

Make sure that you are using 'installplg' when installing my plug in. With my plugin, rebooting doesn't install it correctly

You shouldn't have to delete /boot/config/plugins/subsonic folder.

Here's what you should try:

[*]Go to the subsonic setting page in unraid WebGUI,

[*]Disable subsonic

[*]Rename /mnt/cache/.apps/subsonic to /mnt/cache/.apps/subsonic_old (or you can just delete it)

[*]Enable Subsonic

This should reinstall it. Do not touch the transcode setting, set the music folder, refresh the library and try it again.

If this still doesn't work, connect to your unraid machine via telnet, navigate to /mnt/cache/.apps/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg

Then run

./ffmpeg

to see if the ffmpeg is executable, and to check the version of ffmpeg under transcode folder

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate your work on this.

I followed those 4 steps and it still is not working. ffmpeg reported "ffmpeg version 0.8.11". I click on play for the album and the files sit at 0 seconds and I don't even see the black bar start to load like it's getting info. And I'm still seeing this at the end of my log:

[2/22/13 8:20:33 AM EST]	DEBUG	InputStreamReaderThread	(/mnt/cache/.apps/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) [flac @ 0x807b8f0] invalid sync code
[2/22/13 8:20:33 AM EST]	DEBUG	InputStreamReaderThread	(/mnt/cache/.apps/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) [flac @ 0x807b8f0] invalid frame header
[2/22/13 8:20:33 AM EST]	DEBUG	InputStreamReaderThread	(/mnt/cache/.apps/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) [flac @ 0x807b8f0] decode_frame() failed
[2/22/13 8:20:33 AM EST]	DEBUG	InputStreamReaderThread	(/mnt/cache/.apps/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) Error while decoding stream #0.0

I'm using simplefeatures so my web gui is a bit different but it is reporting at the bottom "Author: Jacob Jang. Version: subsonic-4.7-4.0jj" Even though I downloaded and installed the new plugin via installplg after sshing in. Did I not upgrade correctly? I'm going to try

I suggest deleting /boot/config/plugin/subsonic/subsonic.cfg and reinstall the plugin.

and then these 4 steps again.

EDIT: I did that and tried again with the same results.

EDIT2: I went back and did the 2 step again so I could listen to the flac albums at work today, but they still don't work in the web player and I'd prefer not to use the 2 step... and now I'm late ;)

I checked and if I cd to my home dir and type 'ffmpeg' I still get ffmpeg version 0.8.11. I wanted to make sure it wasn't picking up some weird version in my path. Which I don't think it is.

Sorry, i kept forgetting to update the version number on the page itself lol so on that page.. Version: subsonic-4.7-4.0jj is correct haha

You should have the correct version of my plugin..

also you should type './ffmpeg'. (including the dot and the slash). if you just type 'ffmpeg' it's possible that it's getting the version in /usr/bin/ folder

it's odd that 2 steps works and not the regular one.

let me check something quickly and get back to you

Quick question though.

Is there any other plugin that you use that require ffmpeg? like PS3 Media Server?

or can you tell me what other plugins you're using?

I did do ./ffmpeg in the directory like you said and also just ffmpeg in my home dir. Both reported the same version. I'm actually on beta 10 so I'm going to upgrade when I get home and if that doesn't work I'm going to move out all the plugins and reboot then install yours. I'm using Plex media server. That's the only one I can think of.

Plex media server shouldn't be using ffmpeg.. as far as i know.

When you move out all plugins and install my plugins, make sure to delete these files from /boot/packages

• ffmpeg-1sl-pkgs.tgz
  • ffmpeg-0.8.11-i686-1sl.txz

Also, this directory

"/boot/packages/ffmpeg-1sl-pkgs"

This way, you get new pkgs in case any of them are corrupted.

I ssh'd in and tried to just delete those packages in /boot/packages (rm -rf ffmpeg* blew them and others away) and then reinstalled the plg. deleted the two step config and put 'flac' back in the main transcoding line. Didn't work, but I'm not at a point where I can get to the webadmin interface to enable and disable the plugin, I'm stuck at ssh. Is there a way, via ssh, I can change the 'enabled' flag in subsonic.cfg and use emhttpd or something to reload that config with it set to no, delete the subsonic install folder, and then set it back to enabled? All through ssh?

EDIT: Lynx is a no go, I can navigate to the subsonic settings page without problem and change enabled to 'No' but the Apply button seems to not do anything when I "press" it. I can openvpn into my router and see everything on that localhost 192.168.2.69:4040, and other servers like on 8081 but I can't see anything on :80 for some reason, meaning the unraid web gui. It's a bit frustrating. I also can't use internet when connected to openvpn through my router, just internal stuff on the unraid box other than the standard port 80. It's a bit frustrating and I don't know what I did wrong. But that's all separate from this, but it would be nice if I could just get to the web gui ;)

i dont think headphones have ffmpeg..

just looked at the plg file and i didnt see ffmpeg.

however. air video uses some pkgs that i have in my pkgs.. let me test a few things and get back to you

Edit:

nope.. i can't replicate this.

installed airvideo, plex and i am able to play flac files fine..

please attach /boot/config/plugin/subsonic/subsonic.cfg and /mnt/cache/.apps/subsonic/subsonic.log

Ok, I will do that... tonight I hope. Concert tonight so I don't know if I'll get to it. In the meantime I added the full path to ffmpeg to all the transcoding settings lines and it's working now. Although, I have my player (iSub) set to 320kbps and right now it says it's playing a 970 kbps FLAC file. So I don't know if it's actually transcoding anything.

Thanks for the help. I'll get back to you later (tonight?).

Yes. But I don't remember have that log level in there. But basically yea to your question. And I put that full path before each ffmpeg statement. 3 or 4 of them on that settings page.

Oh that loglevel is just for me haha. i added that to reduce things that get written in the log file.

It is very odd that you have to specify the full path...

but yea. when you get a chance, please upload those two files that i mentioned and i'll take a look.

Ok, here they are. I would have been faster but I had a drive red ball on me Friday night. It's been slowly dying and I'm waiting on the RMA to come in this week. I went ahead and picked up a 3 TB WD today so I'm preclearing that now. It's going to take forever. Before I saved off the log I deleted the full path in transcoding and set it to default. Then tried to play 2 songs. So you might need to go to the bottom of the log because surely a few of the songs from Friday will have the full path in transcoding. thanks!

subsonic.log.txt

subsonic.cfg

Ok, here they are. I would have been faster but I had a drive red ball on me Friday night. It's been slowly dying and I'm waiting on the RMA to come in this week. I went ahead and picked up a 3 TB WD today so I'm preclearing that now. It's going to take forever. Before I saved off the log I deleted the full path in transcoding and set it to default. Then tried to play 2 songs. So you might need to go to the bottom of the log because surely a few of the songs from Friday will have the full path in transcoding. thanks!

Yea.. those logs usually occurs when subsonic is trying to use ffmpeg without flac support.. (or at least that's what i have seen) but since what i have included does support flac, it has to mean that it's trying to use a different version.

but since we dont know what other plugins is using the ffmpeg.. at this point, i am out of answer.. 

putting the full path in there is the only option for you i guess..

sorry

Yea.. those logs usually occurs when subsonic is trying to use ffmpeg without flac support.. (or at least that's what i have seen) but since what i have included does support flac, it has to mean that it's trying to use a different version.

but since we dont know what other plugins is using the ffmpeg.. at this point, i am out of answer.. 

putting the full path in there is the only option for you i guess..

sorry

I just wanted to let you know that I removed everything from /boot/extra and /boot/packages, removed /boot/config/plugins, and moved the subsonic install directory. Restarted to a basically vanilla install of unraid 5 rc-11. Then I telneted in and ran:

cd /boot/config/plugins
wget --no-check-certificate https://unraid-subsonic-plugin.googlecode.com/files/subsonic-4.7-5.1jj.plg
installplg subsonic-4.7-5.1jj.plg

Changed the admin password and added my media folder. Still not working and I don't see what could possibly be conflicting with it since I removed all the packages, extras, and plugins then rebooted, then telneted in and downloaded the latest version and installed. Maybe I'll figure out how to get unraid going on a vm and see if a true virgin install from scratch makes it work properly.

Attached are the files you requested previously from the fresh install.

subsonic.log.txt

subsonic.cfg

flybynite:

that sounds like subsonic problem..

how is it not in alphabetical order? can you show me an example? i can't replicate this error. is it working correctly on browsers?

also, if artwork is not showing for some folder, make sure the folder has the artwork or the music file has a art work assigned in the tag.

if it's for something that you just added, it may not work until you scan it completely.

also, there maybe permission issue. what version of unraid are you on? have u ran new permission tool recently?

pinion:

let me know if you find anything.

i developed this plug in using a vm and been testing with a fresh vm so it should be working correctly.

also, what you can try is.. run ffmpeg's transcoding on the command line to see if it gives you any errors specfically

for example, try running this command after navigation to transcode directory under subsonic:

./ffmpeg  -i /mnt/user/PATH_TO_A_FLAC_FILE -ab 192k -f mp3 -

of course you have to change the path to a flag file..

what you should see is some jebrish going all over the screen..

maybe this will tell us what's going on with ffmpeg

The list on my android phone, itouch and browser is all identical.  The folders do have artwork and they did use to show before I upgraded the plugin.  I was using your plugin from way back, but had upgraded to the latest one recently. 

I am using unraid version: 5.0-rc4.  I haven't ran the new permission tool recently.

I did however install proftpd plugin a week or two ago.

All the folders have cover art in them, as I said they used to display them in the past and be in alphabetically order.

Link to the screenshots: http://www.flickr.com/photos/93650033@N06/