jangjong's Subsonic (4.8) Plugin

So I noticed that it's not really working I don't think even though it does stream the flac files. I was looking at status and noticed that it was transferring the entire file, not just an encoded mp3. Then I was looking around and noticed some flac files were working fine while other albums were not after I took off the full path. And on a 22 MB FLAC file that actually transcoded the subsonic status showed that player transferring 5 MB instead of the full thing like other FLAC files were doing that would only play if I put the full path to ffmpeg. Likewise the files that fail to play look like they're still transferring and they transfer the size of file I would expect.

So now I don't understand what putting the full path is actually doing. And I don't understand why I can do ./ffmpeg -i file... and it looks like it's transcoding it fine with all the gibberish in terminal but it won't work trying to stream it. But I do know that just putting the full path isn't going to cut it since it's not actually transcoding that way.

EDIT: I noticed that ffmpeg was updated at the same place the plg installs it from: http://repository.slacky.eu/slackware-13.37/multimedia/ffmpeg/0.8.12/ffmpeg-0.8.12-i686-1sl.txz

So I snagged it and installpkg and copied the /usr/bin/ffmpeg over to /transcode and chowned it. I'm getting the exact same results. Some flac plays fine, some doesn't. And I verified that it was 8.12 now instead of 8.11 as before.  All of these flac files play fine with VLC on my mac.

EDIT 2: Since I was already playing around I did the same with an older version 7.12 with the same results: http://repository.slacky.eu/slackware-13.37/multimedia/ffmpeg/0.7.12/ffmpeg-0.7.12-i686-1sl.txz

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

flybynite,

again, that sounds like 'Subsonic' problem. my plug in just installs them and i am not a developer of subsonic, so there is a limit on how much i can help you with this.

first, about album art not showing on the list, what happens when you actually select the album? does it show then?

it could be that subsonic app needs to cache them and werent able to. I don't see every single album art until i actually open up the album sometimes.

this could be by design of subsonic app.

it is possible that when you upgraded the subsonic, it had to remove the cache.

i dont know too much about this as this seems to be the app's problem

and about your second question, one thing i'm wondering is. how are you able to filter the library by genre? i see you have selected "Hip Hop & .." from 'Library'.

I didn't think subsonic android version let you filter the library by the genre.

unless... you had set them up as 'album artist' in the tag.

if you have set them as a 'album artist' by any chance, then subsonic is sorting the album by the year, not by the name.

Settings -> "Sort albums by year" is checked by default. i dont know too much about this option so you may have to play around with it.

pinion,

could you possibly send me one of the flac that is not working? im wondering if it's specific flac files that is not working correctly.

if putting the full path works tho, i would just leave it the way it is

pinion,

could you possibly send me one of the flac that is not working? im wondering if it's specific flac files that is not working correctly.

if putting the full path works tho, i would just leave it the way it is

Yes, I'm going to look at doing that tonight. I'm thinking the newest version of the flac encoder doesn't jive with this version of ffmpeg. I want to do some tests. And it's not really working. Putting in the full path doesn't transcode anything, it just sends the full flac file. So it appears to work because I can hear the song but that's only because iSub has no problem playing it. I'll let you know what I figure out and possibly post some test flac files somewheres.

I got a version of ffmpeg 1.12 compiled 02142013 or something and managed to fulfill its dependencies and that still didn't work. I started over with an earlier version of your plugin, perhaps the earliest I think (subsonic 4.6) and that didn't work. I finally just installed subsonic on my mac and it still wouldn't play the files. There's a few other albums that won't play and I'm just going to go through and delete them and be done with this headache. I'll try again from the ripping end because I'm positive that must be the problem. Sorry for taking up so much of your time with something that had nothing to do with your plugin most likely. At least now if you see the kind of errors I was getting you can tell the person it's probably something wrong with the file.  Thanks!

hi,

just thought i should say thx for a great plugin. while using subsonic for some years now, i am new to unraid. was busy over the last week or so to set up my unraid server and just installed your subsonic plugin about 2hrs ago.

setup was a breeze. all seems to work as it should so far. just added one media folder initially for a short check and to see if i have probs with non-english letters as some ppl did. works just fine for me.

everything else looks good so far as well. just added the rest of the media folders and run a full scan at the moment (will take a couple hrs i guess to get 600k files scanned).

anyway, brilliant job mate!!! keep it going and updated!

greetz, lars

jangjong I went back to this version of the plugin subsonic-4.6-noarch-2.1jj.plg, and everything became perfect instantly.  I have all my cover art and everything is in alpha order. 

To answer your question about sort by genre, those are my own sub folders that I have created.

jangjong I went back to this version of the plugin subsonic-4.6-noarch-2.1jj.plg, and everything became perfect instantly.  I have all my cover art and everything is in alpha order. 

To answer your question about sort by genre, those are my own sub folders that I have created.

About alph order, like i said it's sorting the album in your sub folder by the year first then alpha order

Subsonic 4.6 did not have this feature. I know it was introduced in Subsonic 4.7.beta2 (http://www.subsonic.org/pages/changelog.jsp).

It is also using "album artist" instead of 'artist' tag if presents, so if you have something else under album artist, it would sort with that first i believe.

And about the album art.. I do see some people over at subsonic forum with album art not showing properly on 4.7. I wonder if it thumbnail needs to be reloaded when upgrading from 4.6 to 4.7.. but this is something they have to fix over at subsonic. nothing i can do.

If 4.6 is working correctly for you, may be i should have an option in my plug in to use either 4.6 or 4.7.

Thank you for the feed back.

First off Jangjong, I want to say cheers for a great plugin.. Genuinely made a huge difference to how I listen to music away from home. I know you didnt make Subsonic, but you added the ability to add it to unRAID so thanks for that!

Now I've buttered you up... lol

I've been smashing my head against brick wall trying to write a plugin to get Bliss onto unRAID ( http://www.blisshq.com/ ) I think it compliments Subsonic on unRAID brilliantly, and it works fine ( as long as Java plugin is installed). But, I cant get a plugin together no matter what I try, so I was wondering if you fancied giving it a go? Or even point me in the direction of a template plugin I can look at? I've tried modifying your plugin, and several others trying to get my head around it but it is driving me crazy!

Any help ( or a plugin! ;) ) would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

Alex

First off Jangjong, I want to say cheers for a great plugin.. Genuinely made a huge difference to how I listen to music away from home. I know you didnt make Subsonic, but you added the ability to add it to unRAID so thanks for that!

Now I've buttered you up... lol

I've been smashing my head against brick wall trying to write a plugin to get Bliss onto unRAID ( http://www.blisshq.com/ ) I think it compliments Subsonic on unRAID brilliantly, and it works fine ( as long as Java plugin is installed). But, I cant get a plugin together no matter what I try, so I was wondering if you fancied giving it a go? Or even point me in the direction of a template plugin I can look at? I've tried modifying your plugin, and several others trying to get my head around it but it is driving me crazy!

Any help ( or a plugin! ;) ) would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

Alex

I'll take a look at it now for a bit.

One tip I can give you is that... plg is just a text file telling unraid what to do.. so whatever you do, you will first want to get it to work without the plg.

Then write up each steps. then make that into the plg file..

Cheers for having a look! :)

Yeah, I know what you mean... I think I've been starting too big, as in trying to write the whole plugin in a single hit, and not getting it to work. Like I said it runs perfectly with the only dependency being Java. Places I've hit snags is the whole creating a pid file, the arguements to kill the pid file if exiting, or check if already running ect ect ect. Steep learning curve, and tonight it just beat me! Haha

I reinstalled the latest subsonic plugin and my alphabetical issue is resolved.  Now I am going to focus on the cover art issue.

Basically it was setting in the subsonic.

This thread helped  http://forum.subsonic.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11258&p=51742&hilit=alphabetically#p51742

update cover art:

Okay found out that if you have at least one mp3 in the sub folder your cover art will show.

I guess this is a glitch in the current version.

http://forum.subsonic.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11179&p=51314&hilit=cover+art#p51314

About alph order, like i said it's sorting the album in your sub folder by the year first then alpha order

Subsonic 4.6 did not have this feature. I know it was introduced in Subsonic 4.7.beta2 (http://www.subsonic.org/pages/changelog.jsp).

It is also using "album artist" instead of 'artist' tag if presents, so if you have something else under album artist, it would sort with that first i believe.

And about the album art.. I do see some people over at subsonic forum with album art not showing properly on 4.7. I wonder if it thumbnail needs to be reloaded when upgrading from 4.6 to 4.7.. but this is something they have to fix over at subsonic. nothing i can do.

If 4.6 is working correctly for you, may be i should have an option in my plug in to use either 4.6 or 4.7.

Thank you for the feed back.

I reinstalled the latest subsonic plugin and my alphabetical issue is resolved.  Now I am going to focus on the cover art issue.

Basically it was setting in the subsonic.

This thread helped  http://forum.subsonic.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11258&p=51742&hilit=alphabetically#p51742

update cover art:

Okay found out that if you have at least one mp3 in the sub folder your cover art will show.

I guess this is a glitch in the current version.

http://forum.subsonic.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11179&p=51314&hilit=cover+art#p51314

Glad you got the answer you need..

but that's what i've been telling you lol. Alpha order was the setting because it's the new feature in 4.7. and the cover art is their glitch...

i dont know too much about this as this seems to be the app's problem

and about your second question, one thing i'm wondering is. how are you able to filter the library by genre? i see you have selected "Hip Hop & .." from 'Library'.

I didn't think subsonic android version let you filter the library by the genre.

unless... you had set them up as 'album artist' in the tag.

if you have set them as a 'album artist' by any chance, then subsonic is sorting the album by the year, not by the name.

Settings -> "Sort albums by year" is checked by default. i dont know too much about this option so you may have to play around with it.

How do i uninstall this plugin and all associated files please?

Delete the plg file, and reboot. That's all you have to do to uninstall it really.

Unraid re-installs every plugins on every boots, so it's more like preventing it from getting installed when you delete the plg file.

This part is is optional, but if you're not going to use Subsonic in the future, you can probably delete these folders and files.

Even if you don't delete them, it won't get installed or anything, so you can leave it there if you want to.

folders:

"Your Subsonic Installation Directory"

/boot/config/plugins/subsonic/

/boot/packages/ffmpeg-1sl-pkgs/

files:

/boot/packages/ffmpeg-0.8.11-i686-1sl.txz

/boot/packages/ffmpeg-1sl-pkgs.tgz

/boot/packages/jre-7u2-i586.txz

/boot/subsonic-4.7-standalone.tar.gz

/boot/subsonic-4.6-standalone.tar.gz  (if present)

Can someone tell me the point of supersonic? I thought maybe it used html5 to play the files but no, I still need flash. Looks like someone just forked subsonic. Is it to get around the $10 donation?

Also, is there a way to refresh subsonics library from the command line?

Can someone tell me the point of supersonic? I thought maybe it used html5 to play the files but no, I still need flash. Looks like someone just forked subsonic. Is it to get around the $10 donation?

Also, is there a way to refresh subsonics library from the command line?

If I remember rightly, if you use chrome then the Chrone add on miniSub is HTML5 based and is very slick. Plus if you sync Chrome between your devices you automatically have a Subsonic player for each of them. https://github.com/tsquillario/MiniSub

I don't usually have any problems getting plugins to work, but I am stuck at the

HTTP ERROR: 503

that some people reported early in the thread. It looks like those posters were able to get past this but it's not clear what they did.

I looked at the link in this post where it talks about a corrupted db but as far as I can tell I don't have a subsonic db.

I have attached my subsonic settings page.

Here are the permissions for my subsonic installation folder:

root@unSERVER:/mnt/cache/apps# ls -al
total 8396801
drwxrwxrwx 7 nobody users        200 2013-03-10 08:42 ./
drwxrwxrwx 6 nobody users        128 2013-03-08 23:01 ../
drwx------ 3 nobody users        464 2013-03-10 08:47 Dropbox/
drwxrwx--- 6 nobody users        288 2013-03-10 08:16 nzbget/
drwxr-xr-x 4 nobody users        400 2013-03-10 08:42 subsonic/
-rw------- 1 root   root  8589934592 2013-02-08 09:46 swapfile
drwxrwxrwx 5 nobody users        736 2013-03-10 08:46 transmission/
drwxrwxrwx 4 nobody users        144 2013-01-27 16:00 web/

and here are the contents of that folder:

root@unSERVER:/mnt/cache/apps# ls -al subsonic
total 26658
drwxr-xr-x 4 nobody users      400 2013-03-10 08:42 ./
drwxrwxrwx 7 nobody users      200 2013-03-10 08:42 ../
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users     3072 2012-09-08 03:38 Getting\ Started.html*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users    35819 2012-09-08 03:38 LICENSE.TXT*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users      540 2012-09-08 03:38 README.TXT*
drwxr-xr-x 3 nobody users       72 2013-03-10 08:42 jetty/
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 10801885 2012-09-11 15:51 subsonic-booter-jar-with-dependencies.jar*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users     1081 2012-09-08 03:38 subsonic.bat*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users     5094 2013-03-10 08:42 subsonic.sh*
-rwx------ 1 nobody users 16385536 2013-03-10 08:42 subsonic.war*
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users    19636 2013-03-10 08:42 subsonic_sh.log
drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody users       72 2013-03-10 08:42 transcode/

Isn't something missing? Where is the db?

subsonic.png.b600d4457e52574632af8ebc08679b85.png

I don't usually have any problems getting plugins to work, but I am stuck at the

HTTP ERROR: 503

that some people reported early in the thread. It looks like those posters were able to get past this but it's not clear what they did.

I looked at the link in this post where it talks about a corrupted db but as far as I can tell I don't have a subsonic db.

I have attached my subsonic settings page.

Here are the permissions for my subsonic installation folder:

root@unSERVER:/mnt/cache/apps# ls -al
total 8396801
drwxrwxrwx 7 nobody users        200 2013-03-10 08:42 ./
drwxrwxrwx 6 nobody users        128 2013-03-08 23:01 ../
drwx------ 3 nobody users        464 2013-03-10 08:47 Dropbox/
drwxrwx--- 6 nobody users        288 2013-03-10 08:16 nzbget/
drwxr-xr-x 4 nobody users        400 2013-03-10 08:42 subsonic/
-rw------- 1 root   root  8589934592 2013-02-08 09:46 swapfile
drwxrwxrwx 5 nobody users        736 2013-03-10 08:46 transmission/
drwxrwxrwx 4 nobody users        144 2013-01-27 16:00 web/

and here are the contents of that folder:

root@unSERVER:/mnt/cache/apps# ls -al subsonic
total 26658
drwxr-xr-x 4 nobody users      400 2013-03-10 08:42 ./
drwxrwxrwx 7 nobody users      200 2013-03-10 08:42 ../
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users     3072 2012-09-08 03:38 Getting\ Started.html*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users    35819 2012-09-08 03:38 LICENSE.TXT*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users      540 2012-09-08 03:38 README.TXT*
drwxr-xr-x 3 nobody users       72 2013-03-10 08:42 jetty/
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 10801885 2012-09-11 15:51 subsonic-booter-jar-with-dependencies.jar*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users     1081 2012-09-08 03:38 subsonic.bat*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users     5094 2013-03-10 08:42 subsonic.sh*
-rwx------ 1 nobody users 16385536 2013-03-10 08:42 subsonic.war*
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users    19636 2013-03-10 08:42 subsonic_sh.log
drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody users       72 2013-03-10 08:42 transcode/

Isn't something missing? Where is the db?

It gets created when subsonic runs successfully for the first time.

Is it your first time trying this out?

Can you also post subsonc_sh.log in subsonic installation folder

This is the first time trying it out but I have installed and removed a couple of times trying to get it to work. I cleaned up previous installs completely and this is where I am after the latest install fresh from reboot.

I have zipped and attached subsonic_sh.log

Thanks

Are you using any other plug-ins that uses java?

This is the first time trying it out but I have installed and removed a couple of times trying to get it to work. I cleaned up previous installs completely and this is where I am after the latest install fresh from reboot.

I have zipped and attached subsonic_sh.log

Thanks

Are you using any other plug-ins that uses java?

I have just finished searching all my .plg files and subsonic is the only one that installs java.

Also I get this for java -version

root@unSERVER:~# java -version
java version "1.7.0_02"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_02-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 22.0-b10, mixed mode)
root@unSERVER:~#