USB Product ID

How do I find the USB flash Id.  The instructions say to "Open the Management Utility in your browser and click the Devices page". My broswer is Internet Explorer and I could not find a management utility there. Well, maybe it means the file manager so I opened Windows Explorer and found something called  "Device Instance Id. The instructions then say "Using your mouse, select the Flash GUID value displayed there (27 characters), and copy/paste into the form below." When I try to copy this Id I get a pop-up which reads "What's This? I can't copy this information so I must not be in the right place. Help!

You skipped a few steps.

1. Load unRAID software on your flash drive.  Instructions are here: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=USB_Flash_Drive_Preparation

2. Use it to boot up unRAID.  Use the motherboard you intend to use as your server.  Connect it to your router so it will be visible on your LAN.

3. Once booted up, you should be able to use your internet browser from another PC on your LAN to get to the unRAID management page at http://tower/main.htm

4. Once you can get to the main unRAID management web-page, click on the "Devices" link located near the top left corner of the screen.

5. On the top of the "Devices" page will be your flash drive GUID.  It will look a little like the image below.

Have fun,

Joe L.

It is possible to form the GUID by looking at the USB info viewable via several Windows-based utilities, and it would not be difficult to write a small utility to do exactly this under Windows.  However, we want you to be 100% sure that your hardware will work with unRAID, and in particular, that your Flash will boot properly, before you shell out any $$ for the key.  This eliminates a lot of potential hassles and costs.